Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Going To Pheonix - Restaurant Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Yup

Yup

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

Hi!

My family rented a house for a week in the Queen's Creek area (Pheonix) and I am looking for some good restaurant suggestions please. I already know that Sprouts is great for gluten-free and so is Whole Foods, but what lunch meat and hot dogs are safe to eat in the U.S? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

:D Paula

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Coleslawcat

Coleslawcat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

Boar's Head meat it gluten free. It is sold at Fry's and Bashas grocery stores.

If you can make it to Tempe you should check out Picazzo's. They have a HUGE gluten free menu, everything from pizza, to pasta, to bread. They serve gluten free bread with appetizers if you order the gluten free version of the app. They don't even make regular pasta, all of their pasta dishes are served with quinoa pasta. It's my favorite restaurant.

Barro's Pizza is a large local chain that does gluten free pizza. There are 2 in Queen Creek.

Uncle Bear's Grill and Bar is in Queen Creek. They have a gluten free menu including hamburger buns and pizzas.

There are quite a few more restaurants but then you're getting awfully far from QC area. There are the regular chains that cater to gluten free too. PF Changs, Red Robin, Outback, Carrabba's, Old Spaghetti Factory, Olive Garden (though I'm not impressed with their gluten-free options), Chipotle, Pei Wei.

#3 Coleslawcat

Coleslawcat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

As far as hot dog brands I think most are gluten free. I haven't found any that contain gluten. I know for sure Hebrew National, Ball Park and Oscar Mayer are gluten-free (though not positive about the cheese filled Oscar Mayer). The Jennie-O turkey dogs are gluten-free too.

#4 Yup

Yup

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

Thanks so much! Do you know of any good Barbeque places too?

#5 Coleslawcat

Coleslawcat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

Thanks so much! Do you know of any good Barbeque places too?

Joe's Real Barbeque in Gilbert is my favorite. Joe actually owns 3 restaurants and they are all great. Joe's Real Barbeque, Joe's Farm Grill, and Liberty Market. All 3 have allergen listings or gluten free menus. They aren't huge menus with bread substitutes, but they do tell you how to order safely. At the barbeque place you can eat all the meats, just not on bread obviously, and most of the sides except mac and cheese and the cheesy potatoes.

http://joesrealbbq.com/food-allergies/

#6 Jenny (AZ via TX)

Jenny (AZ via TX)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

I don't know the Queen Creek area that well, but there is a gluten free store in Gilbert. It's called the Gluten Free Country Store. They also carry gluten-free baked goods from local gluten-free bakers. My favorite baked goods are by Julia - good cupcakes and cinnamon rolls. Their website is gfcountrystore.com if you want to check them out before driving over.
Jenny
(Texas girl in AZ)

Diag: 2/2008
Bloodwork - positive, 2/19/08
Biopsy - positive, 2/26/08
Colonoscopy - clean as a whistle!, 2/27/08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: