1 reply to this topic

#1 xabbar

xabbar

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

I know most of you are familiar with those nasty 'gluten headaches' - lately I have found that I sometimes get them even when I am sure I haven't eaten any gluten at all.
This mystery was cleared up after another round of Enterolab and finding out that I am dairy/soy/egg sensitive as well. Even so during a recent bout of flu I took extra strength tylenol, as usual, and kept getting really bad headaches, even after the flu cleared up.
My mother suggested I try taking some type of acid inhibitor as she felt the tylenol was causing acid reflux type problems. Lo and behold, I took some pepto and 10 or 15 minutes later the headache cleared right up. I've tried this since when I've felt a 'gluten headache' coming on and it has worked every time (about 3 so far). Just thought I would share that in case it works for anyone else. Those headaches are enough to drive anyone crazy.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 T.H.

T.H.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

I took some pepto and 10 or 15 minutes later the headache cleared right up. I've tried this since when I've felt a 'gluten headache' coming on and it has worked every time (about 3 so far). Just thought I would share that in case it works for anyone else. Those headaches are enough to drive anyone crazy.

Interesting. Have you ever tried just straight aspirin? Pepto-bismal has salicylic acid (what's in willow bark, and what aspirin was based on when it was created) along with the gut easing ingredients. I wonder if it might help enhance the effects, or if it might do more for headaches than the Bismuth subsalicylate.

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: