7 replies to this topic

#1 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

My chiropractor, who is excellent, sold me some chlorophyll for a burn. Well, I took one pill after already covering my burn with it topically, and I was a sick puppy. Several days later, the burn is still not healed, looks like it might scar, and I have a bumpy red rash still on my chest.

I've been using Neosporin Plus, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Anyone know what I should do to clear up the rash?
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AzizaRivers

AzizaRivers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

Do you mean that the chlorophyll tablet had gluten somewhere in it? If your rash was DH, there's not much to do but wait for it to go away.

For the burn, try lavender oil. It's one of the few essential oils that's safe to apply directly to your skin and works wonders on burns.
Celiac diagnosed October-November 2010 (blood test negative, biopsy inconclusive after gluten-free for 6 weeks, miraculous diet results).

October 2010: Gluten free.
November 2010: No HFCS or artificial sweeteners.
March 2011: Gradually fading out soy.

#3 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Do you mean that the chlorophyll tablet had gluten somewhere in it? If your rash was DH, there's not much to do but wait for it to go away.

For the burn, try lavender oil. It's one of the few essential oils that's safe to apply directly to your skin and works wonders on burns.

This is the only thing that relieves the burning sensation so far. Thanks.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

If the rash is DH as the other poster said it will go away in time.
How large and deep was the burn? If it was larger than a quarter and blistered it might be a good idea to have your GP look at it.
As for the Neosporin Plus can you get plain neosporin instead? I haven't called on it recently but a while back when I called the company they said the Vitamin E may be sourced from wheat germ oil and advised me to get the plain form instead.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

If the rash is DH as the other poster said it will go away in time.
How large and deep was the burn? If it was larger than a quarter and blistered it might be a good idea to have your GP look at it.
As for the Neosporin Plus can you get plain neosporin instead? I haven't called on it recently but a while back when I called the company they said the Vitamin E may be sourced from wheat germ oil and advised me to get the plain form instead.

Thank you. I had not though of that, but it could be the reason because the hives have gotten bigger, redder, and burn more and more.

I went to the doctor today. He told me to take Benedryl and did not give me anything to apply on it. Just said Neosporin if I wanted to keep it moist. I took a Benedry. It is still burning.

Thanks for the Neosporin update. I will start back using Bacitracin.

#6 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Any thoughts about using melaluca oil?

#7 Hopeful1950

Hopeful1950

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

I have problems with Neosporin. Regular and also the one with Pramoxin (topical pain reliever) in it. I have heard that many people are sensitive to the neomycin. It makes my lesions more itchy.

I use Polysporin instead and avoid all products with Pramoxine. The Polysporin is an ointment so it works to keep the lesion moist.

#8 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

I have problems with Neosporin. Regular and also the one with Pramoxin (topical pain reliever) in it. I have heard that many people are sensitive to the neomycin. It makes my lesions more itchy.

I use Polysporin instead and avoid all products with Pramoxine. The Polysporin is an ointment so it works to keep the lesion moist.

Thank you. I may try that. The Bacitracin is having no affect whatsoever. Still itchy and painful and red as the dickens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: