5 replies to this topic

#1 aroche84

aroche84

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

I have been feeling awesome eating right and making sure I read every label but the past two days I have felt horrible I am so exhausted and my stomach has been hurting really bad. Is this what it feels like when you have been glutened???
~*Ashley*~

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

Yes, it can be all that and a whole lot more. Some people get massive headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, fatigue,depression, anxiety,and it can last from hours to days depending on how big a "hit" you got of gluten. Look for cross contaminantion or trace gluten in your life to figure out what got you. It will pass, but if you don't figure out the source...it will return. Sorry you feel lousy and hope it goes away fast.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#3 aroche84

aroche84

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

Yes, it can be all that and a whole lot more. Some people get massive headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, fatigue,depression, anxiety,and it can last from hours to days depending on how big a "hit" you got of gluten. Look for cross contaminantion or trace gluten in your life to figure out what got you. It will pass, but if you don't figure out the source...it will return. Sorry you feel lousy and hope it goes away fast.

I actually have had a lot of that. I have been going through what I ate the past couple days and the only thing different that I can think of was some Ken's Raspberry Vinergarette Dressing for a salad that was brought to be and mountain dew. I know that Diet Coke is okay but I was feeling so fatigued during class and got a mountain dew for the caffiene I wonder if that could be it.
~*Ashley*~

#4 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

Mountain Dew is gluten free. I wouldn't think it would be that. Most drinks are gluten free except health food juices that contain wheat grass. Otherwise I have never seen gluten in drinks. However, cross contamination is an issue. Eating in restaurants...touching places where gluten has been and then touching your food. If you are fairly new to the diet it will take some time to figure it all out and for your body to stop reacting. Right now you may be detoxing and still having effects from your gluten days. Other than being vigilant about gluten, you might also consider dairy. Dairy is not well-tolerated by most people who have to avoid gluten. Just a thought.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#5 aroche84

aroche84

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Mountain Dew is gluten free. I wouldn't think it would be that. Most drinks are gluten free except health food juices that contain wheat grass. Otherwise I have never seen gluten in drinks. However, cross contamination is an issue. Eating in restaurants...touching places where gluten has been and then touching your food. If you are fairly new to the diet it will take some time to figure it all out and for your body to stop reacting. Right now you may be detoxing and still having effects from your gluten days. Other than being vigilant about gluten, you might also consider dairy. Dairy is not well-tolerated by most people who have to avoid gluten. Just a thought.

k thanks for the advice, hopefully this will stop soon bc I feel horrible!! :(
~*Ashley*~

#6 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,835 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

Ken's is good! I get those dressings.

I feel the need to say that everything is not about gluten. Its possible it's something else like food poisionimg or a stomach virus or????

Wait.....wait... I just read back....did you say a salad was "brought" to you? Who knows where those salad ingredients were before they reached you.

Also all sodas are gluten-free. Unless you are at a Civil War re- enactment. Then beware the sassafras or root beer. If it's authentic it may have barley. ( but, boy, is it yummy! )

Sorry you feel cruddy.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: