Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Snack Bars

5 posts in this topic

well, it seems like every snack/energy/cereal bar i have tried doesn't agree with me for some reason or another. so i made my own and they came out delicious. i am still tweaking the 'glue' made of heating (2 T) butter, (1/2 c) peanut butter and (1/4 c) brown sugar (1/2 tsp) kosher salt - when that is melted, put in a big bowl and

then mix in 2 c. of honey nut chex, 1 c. of cashews (i toasted them first a little) 1 c. of craisins - mix together and SPOON into a pan lined with parchment paper - then sprinkle chocolate chips over it and smush with waxed paper so it's a flat layer. put it into the freezer to set. i had to let mine thaw a little to cut it into bars (1" X 4") and wrap them in wax paper, put in freezer.

you can use any ingredients (cereal, nuts, dried fruit) you want - and even the (non celiac) kids looooove them :) i jam them in the cooler for a snack that will keep me till dinnertime if i'm out. sometimes i eat them with some yogurt for breakfast :)

if you do, please let me know how they came out :) i would love the input - thanx!!

arlene

Thank you! I will be making these tomorrow with rice chex.

coolio - i am thinking of adding 2 more cups of cereal and baking them @350F for 20-30 min (add choc chips when they come out of oven) to see if they would survive not being a frozen treat and i could keep them in the pantry in the cooler weather. as soon as this heat lets up!! wow, it's so hot... i don't want to turn on the oven... also, i wanted to add: these are probably NOT a good low calorie choice!! (i am trying to put on weight) also, i am using unsalted (plain) cashews. i bet raisins would be good instead of the cranberries (i don't like raisins, though) and add a little cinnamon. that would be yum, too :)