4 replies to this topic

#1 Michelle1234

Michelle1234

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

The other day my husband comes up to show me an ad from our local grocery store (Vitamin Cottage Natural Grocers) for Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches. I figured it was a typo and we both peered at the picture of the product to see if we could see any indication that the product was gluten free. We couldn't tell but I really did not believe such a product existed as surely I would have heard about it. However the little part of me that has eternal hope went looking for them and they really exist! So I bought them and have since tried them. They are a little slice of heaven! Although they are very tiny they are rich and satisfying. The cookie part was very good.

Cheers!

Michelle

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gfreeatx

Gfreeatx

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

I had been missing ice cream sandwiches and was so excited when I found them in the store. They are really good, but unfortunately I think I am too sensitive as I started to feel glutened shortly after eating one. After rechecking the package I saw they are manufactured in the same facility as wheat. My husband who is not Celiac ended up finishing the rest. Oh, how I wish I wasn't so sensitive sometimes! :(

#3 Michelle1234

Michelle1234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

I had been missing ice cream sandwiches and was so excited when I found them in the store. They are really good, but unfortunately I think I am too sensitive as I started to feel glutened shortly after eating one. After rechecking the package I saw they are manufactured in the same facility as wheat. My husband who is not Celiac ended up finishing the rest. Oh, how I wish I wasn't so sensitive sometimes! :(

Bummer! Usually I can't have anything manufactured in a facility with wheat but haven't had a reaction so far. However I do usually end up with one at some point when I get a cc batch and then have to give the item up. So far so good so I think my current batch is not cc but you never know when the dreaded cc will strike. I did miss the warning on the label (and wouldn't have tried them if I had seen it). Thanks for the heads up.

Michelle

#4 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

In case you are in a baking mood, these ice cream sandwiches are a breeze to make. The thing I love most about ice cream sandwiches is that you can switch up both the cookie base and ice creams to suit whatever you crave! My favorites, however, are still good old chocolate chip sandwiches with vanilla bean ice crea.
http://glutenfree.wo...eam-sandwiches/
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

The link isn't working. Aargh.
Julie's ice cream sandwiches taste great but they have egg. :(
Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users