- - - - -

My First Gf Dream

• Please log in to reply

21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_zipy_*

Guest_zipy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

I was standing at my brother's wedding. Everyone was drinking beer around me and eating this enormous cake and I said, no, I can't eat that....it's finally sunk in, no gluten for me, not even in my dreams! Do you dream about not eating food that's made with gluten? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:13 PM

Sometimes I dream I eat food and then realize that I can't have gluten and try to spit it up.

#3 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:43 AM

for whatever reason i've had 2 gluten dreams this week. my husband ate pasta (regular) monday night and that night i had a dream that i got in the fridge and binged on his leftovers. then in my dream i freaked out, realized what i'd done and started crying. the dream the next night was about drinking reg. beer. its strange when those happen. more so i have them when i've abstained. craziness :blink:
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#4 uclangel422

uclangel422

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:43 AM

I have those same types of dreams because the rest of my house isnt gluten-free and i am always worried that i will eat their leftovers without even thinking about it. So that fear translates into my dreams. I guess it means that this is really burned into our brains.

#5 jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:29 PM

I've had both dreams where everyone around me is eating foods I can't and I'm just standing there watching; and I've had the dreams where I'm eating "forbidden" foods again and I'm so happy. Either way I wake up depressed about the whole thing.
Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy
Inflamed stomach lining
Gluten free since July 6, 2005
Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

#6 nettiebeads

nettiebeads

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:23 PM

I've had both dreams where everyone around me is eating foods I can't and I'm just standing there watching; and I've had the dreams where I'm eating "forbidden" foods again and I'm so happy. Either way I wake up depressed about the whole thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, how I love this forum!!!! :D I've had dreams ever since I had to go gluten-free where I forget that I have celiac disease and start eating a forbidden food. Usually it's pizza or a brownie or something else really really good that I used to love. Then I wake up a little scared like maybe that could really happen. :o But I've found that the dreams have diminished some since I began eating gluten-free cookies and making pizza with gluten-free mixes. I think they were more common when my husband would get the munchies and go get something that I used to eat quite a bit and would still love to eat if I could. Like anything breaded and deep fried :lol:
gluten-free since Oct 1996

#7 hez

hez

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:34 PM

I had a dream the other night about my husbands family! They purposly had nothing I could eat! I was so angry! I woke up pissed off and unable to get back to sleep because I was still angry. Even though I knew it was a dream!

#8 skbird

skbird

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:53 PM

I dreamed about three nights ago I was guzzling a beer - I haven't had one in like three years... I always realize too late in my dreams. My husband says it's too bad I can't even enjoy myself in my dreams!

Stephanie
Diagnosed by food challenge, 10/04
Gluten-free since 10/04
Gluten-sensitive genes: HLA-DQ 1,3 (Subtype 6,9)
Interstitial Cystitis, 7/07
Fibromyalgia, 6/11

#9 tammy

tammy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:06 PM

Wow! It is sooooo funny to hear that we are not the only people dreaming about our food choices since we have gone gluten-free. I don't dream about it frequently but about a month ago I did dream that I was about to order a pizza or bagel and realized at that very second that I was about to commit a terrible gluten-free error. Soon afterwards I awoke with a sigh of relief that I had escaped my own dilemma.

Its amazing to hear that it is a common occurence among other gluten-free people.

#10 laurelfla

laurelfla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:04 PM

definitely had my second gluten-free anxiety dream last night...
in the first one, several nights ago, i was in a cafeteria, all my friends were already seated and chowing down, and i was scanning and re-scanning the menu trying desperately to find something i could eat. but everything was breaded! and my mom (who i'd thought could help me) was nowhere to be found. :(
last night i dreamed we were on vacation and someone had brought a bag of donut holes -- which were actually tiny puffed delightful cinnamony pastries in the shape of animal crackers! i ate one cautiously and then stuffed 4 more into my mouth. then, it hit me. CHECK THE INGREDIENTS!!! oat flour was the second one! i spit them out into my hand and cried, "i can't eat these! it is so hard to be me!!" my mom sipped her coffee and said spitefully, "i hope so."
what the crap?! apparently i have some anxiety about my mom as well as eating gluten-free. ;) which is weird, bc she's been my biggest support -- from 500 miles away!
weirdness.
diagnosed 8/05 through positive bloodwork & biopsy
gluten-free since then!

"Those who are willing to be vulnerable move among mysteries." Theodore Roethke

#11 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:31 PM

Hubbie had his first 'gluten' dream the other night.
Apparently he was eating a cheese and tomato sandwich-and thoroughly enjoying it too,-but before he'd finished he suddenly remembered and was filled with panic.
'my wife will go mad' was his next thought!!LOL.
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#12 skoki_mom

skoki_mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:33 PM

I don't remember my dreams very well, but I know I've dreamt about the whole gluten-free thing. I vaguely remember a dream where I was shopping and reading all the labels and it was taking forever and they were turning the lights out in the store on me.

What I *really* want to dream about is eating a Big Mac, and it tastes sooooo good!

Then again, I shouldn't complain because I had a dream 2 nights ago that I was kissing Miikka Kiprusoff and he had such silky hair and soft lips.......... B) I think my crush is going to wear off, though, if his GAA doesn't start improving! :lol:
LORI

Dx celiac disease Aug 25/05, ate KFC that night and gluten-free ever since

#13 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:52 PM

What I *really* want to dream about is eating a Big Mac, and it tastes sooooo good!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too!!! I love Big-Mac's and miss them very much. :(

My dreams are the kind where I forget all about my troubles and eat just like everyone else does and then....as I'm digging into my spaghetti I suddenly remember everything. I'm completely panicked and crying thinking that I've ruined everything and I'm going to get sick all over again.

When I wake up I'm really happy that I'm still gluten-free. :)
Rachel

#14 PicturePerfect

PicturePerfect

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

I have only had one "gluten dream." I was at a restaurant and I was eating chips and dip. The dip was REALLY good! I asked the waiter what it was, and he said that he forgot the name, but it was made of wheat! :o Then, I ran to the bathroom and started throwing up!
I hope that never really happens!!!! :P
lisa mccorkell
diagnosed on May 31, 2005
orange county, california

"Laziness will cause you pain." (Unknown)

#15 Matilda

Matilda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:55 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: