21 replies to this topic

#16 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

I've had several gluten dreams now. I had one where I was eating something gluteny, and Carrie (Carriefaith) appeared, dressed like Wonder-Woman, and snatched it away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL....Matilda that is really funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rachel

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 TheLibertarian

TheLibertarian

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:34 AM

:lol: I have never had any dreams about being gluten-free but I did have a dream about being in a moonbounce with Bob Saget. Just thought I'd share.

#18 Rusla

Rusla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:21 PM

I had a horrible dream last night. People were holding me down and stuffing gluten bread and cakes in my mouth. I was begging them not to and crying. I then had to spend time in the bathroom and in pain. I think it is because I am not looking forward to going back on gluten prior to the dermatologist.

I have discovered another thing since being gluten-free, I have not had the uncontrollable cravings for sweet things like I did before. Has anyone else found that?
Rusla

Asthma-1969
wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980
Multiple food, environmental allergies
allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha
Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972
Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease
gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005
Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005
Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

#19 tammy

tammy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

I had a horrible dream last night. People were holding me down and stuffing gluten bread and cakes in my mouth. I was begging them not to and crying. I then had to spend time in the bathroom and in pain. I think it is because I am not looking forward to going back on gluten prior to the dermatologist.

I have discovered another thing since being gluten-free, I have not had the uncontrollable cravings for sweet things like I did before. Has anyone else found that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had gluten-free dreams soon after my diagnosis. My dreams went something like this, I am about to eat a food with gluten in it and at the very last moment...stop and ask myself what am I about to do. My husband had similar dreams too. I haven't had one in over a year now.

I want to commend you on your great courage and persistance in seeing yourself through your multiple health challenges.

#20 jams

jams

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:51 PM

I have been having VERY strange dreams lately!! I had a dream last night that I ate a BLT on White toast. It was my 9yr old son who pointed out to me that I was eating BREAD! (I have great kids that know what I can't eat!) So... I asked for something different. In my dream, I didn't get sick! I must have been wishing that it would have been true! BLTs are my son's favorite sandwich!!!
Angi
Milw/Madison, Wisconsin
Diagnosed 12-2003 positive biopsy confirmed w/bloodwork
gluten-free from 5-2004

#21 Rusla

Rusla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:09 PM

I have been having VERY strange dreams lately!!  I had a dream last night that I ate a BLT on White toast.  It was my 9yr old son who pointed out to me that I was eating BREAD!  (I have great kids that know what I can't eat!)  So... I asked for something different.  In my dream, I didn't get sick!  I must have been wishing that it would have been true!  BLTs are my son's favorite sandwich!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a great thing when people get on board with you and watch out for you. My friends had a party on the weekend and as we all brought something for the pot luck, they told everyone they had to tell me what was in each item and not to cross contaminate. Even my mother who is such a nay sayer has got on board with this and said she wants me to make the dressing and gravy for Yule this year. She doesn't want to contaminate me.
Rusla

Asthma-1969
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

#22 Rusla

Rusla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:11 PM

I had gluten-free dreams soon after my diagnosis.  My dreams went something like this, I am about to eat a food with gluten in it and at the very last moment...stop and ask myself what am I about to do.  My husband had similar dreams too.  I haven't had one in over a year now. 

I want to commend you on your great courage and persistance in seeing yourself through your multiple health challenges.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Tammy, I feel we all have great courage to have spent years going through this and other affiliated problems, yet still hanging on even when we meet with adversity.
Rusla

Asthma-1969
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: