Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

If You Were Offered $100K To Eat A Piece Of Bread/cake/scroll/croissant Would You Go For It?

• Please log in to reply

37 replies to this topic

#16 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:18 AM

After being to hell and back, health wise, and now living each day as a gift and a day of grace, there is no amount of money you could pay me to ruin what is otherwise priceless.

I'm with you, kiddo.
No amount of $$$ can compensate me for the the years I have spent in gluten-induced hell. If you lived what I have lived, you would not even find this question amusing..... :unsure: and I have a gigantic sense of humor. B)

I suppose some people think watching someone have "potty issues" is entertaining or funny?? (if so, geesh, get a life !!!!)....but loss of brain function, burning nerve pain, ataxia, hair loss, insomnia and joint pain, needing help with getting dressed or being picked up off the bathroom floor because I am so drained of energy, head banging from a migraine and soaking wet and trembling from nervous system impairment? feeling totally disoriented??...wow...that's not so much fun nor very pretty to watch...just ask my husband how much "fun" it's been....

Not sure celiac disease symptoms should be considered a "you tube" event. :rolleyes: WTF??? It's hard enough to be viewed with credibility as it is....many people thinking Gluten-free is "just a fad" and some people told--for years-- "it's all in your head"...

Man, if someone I knew asked ME that question, knowing all I have been through, my husband would probably punch his lights out. :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 cap6

cap6

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:45 AM

It's the filming that would make me ask for more money. I mean, what are they going to do? Follow me into the bathroom? Seriously?

Lol ! How much do I need to eat? A bite of cake will cost you 100k. Film the results ..... don't think so. :o

#18 RL2011

RL2011

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

For $100k you can film me eating a hundred Dunkin Donuts...
Richard

#19 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

You're a brave man, Richard!!!
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#20 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

I'm with you, kiddo.
No amount of $$$ can compensate me for the the years I have spent in gluten-induced hell. If you lived what I have lived, you would not even find this question amusing..... :unsure: and I have a gigantic sense of humor. B)

I suppose some people think watching someone have "potty issues" is entertaining or funny?? (if so, geesh, get a life !!!!)....but loss of brain function, burning nerve pain, ataxia, hair loss, insomnia and joint pain, needing help with getting dressed or being picked up off the bathroom floor because I am so drained of energy, head banging from a migraine and soaking wet and trembling from nervous system impairment? feeling totally disoriented??...wow...that's not so much fun nor very pretty to watch...just ask my husband how much "fun" it's been....

Not sure celiac disease symptoms should be considered a "you tube" event. :rolleyes: WTF??? It's hard enough to be viewed with credibility as it is....many people thinking Gluten-free is "just a fad" and some people told--for years-- "it's all in your head"...

Man, if someone I knew asked ME that question, knowing all I have been through, my husband would probably punch his lights out. :lol:

I wholeheartedly agree! I would have to be pennyless, homeless and very desperate for the money before I let someone film my reactions, one of which is seizures. Medical suffering should not be a source of entertainment.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#21 Hawthorn

Hawthorn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

I think I'm going to hell for snickering over this one as loudly as I did. :lol:

We can go together :P

um, one croissant.......not for $150 no way. Maybe for £5000 or more. Hey kids, come watch the lady do the incredible inflating lady magic trick. 0-9 months pregnant in 30 minutes! Actually, no I don't think even 5k would be enough.

#22 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Reminds me of an old joke

He: Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?
She: Yes
He: Would you have sex with me for ten dollars?
She:What do you think I am?
He: We have established that, Now we are dickering over the price.

Now, THAT's FUNNY!!!! :lol: :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#23 RacerX35

RacerX35

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

For $10-1000K? I could possibly stand the (at least) day and a half of seizures. Then the couple of days of recovery would be pushing it. For $150? No! I'm not trying to bragg or boast about anything, but I make $150 in four hours at work and hopefully even less time after my annual review. So,,, $10-100K, maybe. $150,,,,,,, no, not worth my time. :D

Later!

Ray

#24 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

$150 NO way, not ever - $100K absolutely, especially if I get to choose the item!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#25 kellynolan82

kellynolan82

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:46 AM

$150 NO way, not ever - $100K absolutely, especially if I get to choose the item!

Yes, you would most certainly get to choose the item! ;)

#26 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

See, I'd do it because I don't suffer from seizures or anything that severe. I've been a celiac for 7 years now and on my worst glutening I deal with severe abdominal pain and D but no seizures. If I had that type of reaction, I wouldn't do it either!

#27 Lima Bean

Lima Bean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:18 AM

For enough money i would do it. not sure about the filming. Will they want to film the "output" in the pot? Yuck! Someone will want to watch it. :blink:

#28 kellynolan82

kellynolan82

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

For enough money i would do it. not sure about the filming. Will they want to film the "output" in the pot? Yuck! Someone will want to watch it. :blink:

I'm sure they'd be more than happy to film it in the pot if you asked them to... You might even get paid a bit extra if you're lucky... ;)

#29 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'm sure they'd be more than happy to film it in the pot if you asked them to... You might even get paid a bit extra if you're lucky... ;)

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!LOL :blink:
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

#30 aeraen

aeraen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

Well, now, don't I feel like a cheap w****? While I don't think $150 would be worth feeling like cr@p for the next 24 hours, I think $500 would get my attention. But only if I get to pick the day and clear my schedule first.

Of course, I wouldn't like that to be my steady income or anything :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: