Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

If You Were Offered $100K To Eat A Piece Of Bread/cake/scroll/croissant Would You Go For It?

• Please log in to reply

37 replies to this topic

#31 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

Well, now, don't I feel like a cheap w****? While I don't think $150 would be worth feeling like cr@p for the next 24 hours, I think $500 would get my attention. But only if I get to pick the day and clear my schedule first.

Of course, I wouldn't like that to be my steady income or anything :).

You're very fortunate if your reactions only last for 24 hours. Mine last a week at minimum, up to two weeks. And the last time I had a large amount of gluten on accident I ended up getting brochitus which turned into pnuemonia, requiring several pricey breathing treatments at Urgent Care, chest x-rays, consult with a pulmonologist, etc. I was sick for 3 months because of a restaruant mistake. Even if I were in need of the money and decided to do this I would require that they also sign a contract that they are responsible for paying any medical bills incurred. But even then I just can't see giving up my dignity (in allowing them to film my suffering) for some money.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

Sure! It might not be fun for a few weeks but eventually it would pass.
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#33 Sarah Alli

Sarah Alli

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Heck yeah. I'd enjoy my delicious pain au chocolat (that's what I'd eat for sure), earn enough to pay for any further schooling I want to pursue, and they'd get... a six or seven hour video of me passed out, probably snoring.

Sounds fair to me!! :D
Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

#34 moose07

moose07

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

I would love to have a 100k at the moment but I am so terrified of developing some other autoimmune condition or disease that I'm not sure i could get myself to do it. Although, I wouldn't recommend people do it maybe it would be a good PSA or something to show the rest of the world what gluten does to us. I know most of my family members use to not take my celiacs very seriously until they saw me get sick from some cross contamination. After that little incident they took it a lot more seriously. So maybe it would get good to get a gluten reaction on film for everyone else to see.

#35 Reba32

Reba32

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

nope, not for a million dollars. No amount of money is worth the pain.

#36 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

Heck yeah. I'd enjoy my delicious pain au chocolat (that's what I'd eat for sure), earn enough to pay for any further schooling I want to pursue, and they'd get... a six or seven hour video of me passed out, probably snoring.

Sounds fair to me!! :D

LOL!!!! :blink: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

#37 Katrala

Katrala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

You betcha!
Positive Celiac (Blood & Biopsy) - April 2011
Peanut Allergy

#38 desert rose

desert rose

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

A friend of mine has made the following statement:

What do you think? Would you eat something laden with gluten so that you could earn a certain amount of money?

I understand that there are some very sick people in the world................ but surely no one is so sick as to want to pay for the pleasure of seeing someone violently ill from eating gluten........surely there are other ways these people can be entertained.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: