1 box of French bread mix from Gluten Free Pantry
1 yeast
2 eggs
200 ml of warm rice milk
1 Tbsp. of granulated sugar
80 g of powdered sugar
100 g of oil
1 tsp. of salt

Filling: Jelly, or silken tofu (farmer or mascarpone cheese who can eat dairy), sugar l /2 of large egg and cinnamon
Save the other half of egg for later.

Directions:
1. Warm the rice milk (donít make it hot!!!). Add yeast a granulated sugar. Let it rise for 15-20 minutes.
2. Take bigger bowl and mix all ingredients together with the help of wooden spoon, or with hand.
3. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
4. Take the dough and place on a piece of waxed paper. Put some dough in your hand with spoon and make the little balls - size of golf balls, or little bigger . Repeat it until you use all dough.
Posted Image

5. If you decide to use tofu (cheese), then you need just Ĺ box of Na-Soya or 1 box Mori-nu silken tofu. In bowl mix tofu, sugar (Ĺ cup, or more if you like sugar) and cinnamon.

6. Place one ball on waxed paper and roll it with roller, place feeling (jelly, or tofu mix) in middle and close the dough in middle. I tried to close from all sides, but you need bigger balls to do that. Donít use any flour for dough anymore. The dough is oily enough and it wonít stick to the waxed paper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

7. Place them on a cookie sheet with waxed paper and let it rise for 20 minutes. Spread the egg over every cookie. Bake them on 355F for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.

Posted Image
They will get softer the next day, if you fill them up with cheese, or tofu.
Enjoy!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Simona19

Simona19

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

I used the half of the same dough for this:
1. Roll the dough the same way as before, in version 1.
Place jelly on the one end of rolled ball and make crossant. Spread egg over them too and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake the same way, on top of waxed paper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Those cookies and croissants look absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Do you think that the crust will hold up for savories, like meat pies or empanadas?
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#4 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Those cookies and croissants look absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Do you think that the crust will hold up for savories, like meat pies or empanadas?

Meat pies yes, but the empanadas, I don't know. There is too much oil inside of dough.
I have made empanadas the same way as this: http://latinfood.abo...anada_dough.htm , but I used Bob's bread mix for flour. They were good. I think you can use any bread mix instead of flour. The next day they were little harder, but edible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: