2 replies to this topic

#1 Gfreeatx

Gfreeatx

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

I was diagnosed a year ago with Celiac disease and have been strict about my diet ever since. I had been able to eat dairy after my diagnosis, but I've noticed in the past couple of months I seem to be reacting after having dairy. I've tested it out on several occasions, where I will go without dairy for a few days then have a glass of milk. Within 15-20 minutes my stomach begins to hurt and I have a bloated feeling in my abdomen for the rest of the day. I know many have to give up dairy in the beginning after a diagnosis, but I can't figure out why after a year I seem to be having issues. Has anyone else become intolerant of dairy after this long of a period of time or is my body once again the oddball? :huh: When I had my biopsy the damage to my intestines was a Marsh 4, so I could understand having an issue right after diagnosis. It seems strange though to have been fine with dairy for almost a year and now have an issue. Sigh...I miss my cheese. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 NorthernElf

NorthernElf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:00 AM

I gave up dairy altogether, with the exception of half & half in my coffee. Once in awhile I would have some hard cheese - sometimes I would react, sometimes I wouldn't. It probably depends on my gluten exposure (intestinal health - I have gluten eaters in my house) and how full my stomach is. I can't drink a glass of milk, period, I would definitely react.

#3 Gfreeatx

Gfreeatx

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Thanks! Yeah, milk seems to be my biggest offender. I was reacting from even a small amount of milk froth on a cappuccino. Well, at least there's hope I can try to add it back sometime in the future!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: