Follow us: Twitter Facebook Google Plus One {$this->lang->words[
   arrowShare us:

arrowSubscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

arrowJoin Celiac.com's New Online Support Group

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Hodgson Mill's Pancake And Walffe Mix ,what Does Gdl Stand For?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 a1956chill

a1956chill

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

I bought a box of Hodgson Mill's pancake and waffle mix. I went to the web site and it states::

'Our Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix is made without wheat, dairy or other common allergens, but is chock full of hearty whole grain sorghum and brown rice nutrition. There's plenty of flavor and includes 450mg of heart healthy omega-3 oils. Kick start your healthy breakfast in a whole new way with this scrumptious new mix from the Hodgson Mill kitchen! Produced on dedicated equipment in an gluten free environment.

Ingredients

Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Milled Flax Seed, GDL, Corn Starch, Sodium Bicarbonate, Xanthan Gum, Flake Salt.'

I emailed them to ask : what is GDL?? I have not received a response yet.

Does anyone know what GDL is???

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ginsou

Ginsou

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

I bought a box of Hodgson Mill's pancake and waffle mix. I went to the web site and it states::

'Our Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix is made without wheat, dairy or other common allergens, but is chock full of hearty whole grain sorghum and brown rice nutrition. There's plenty of flavor and includes 450mg of heart healthy omega-3 oils. Kick start your healthy breakfast in a whole new way with this scrumptious new mix from the Hodgson Mill kitchen! Produced on dedicated equipment in an gluten free environment.

Ingredients

Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Milled Flax Seed, GDL, Corn Starch, Sodium Bicarbonate, Xanthan Gum, Flake Salt.'

I emailed them to ask : what is GDL?? I have not received a response yet.

Does anyone know what GDL is???

I'm guessing gucono delta lactone, a food additive....white crystal powder, used as a stabilizer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: