This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Is Up With Signing In?

mizzilie

mizzilie Newbie

Hi, sorry but I am really experiencing frustration with this forum!

I tried to register 4 times with 4 different email addresses. My email addresses were rejected as spam or the system says there is no account with this name or my password is invalid.

I asked for help several times. Only once I got an answer which didn't help and no more answers.

It still says I am not registered but meanwhile I am getting your newsletter 4 times to all 4 email addresses.

Yesterday I tried to sign up again. It only worked when I used the sign in through facebook. I created my account and was happy.

This morning I tried to sign in and was again denied.

I tried it again and it only works with facebook.

What is this? I thought this forum in intended for help with celiac disease. Now I feel I need more help for using your forum than anything else?

I am registered in different forums but I have never experienced anything like this before :blink:

<_<

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tinka

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

This can happen if your browser or fire wall is set to block cookies, or if you have Java disabled. Be sure that the security settings are not set too high, and are at the default level. In general it is a bad idea to create multiple accounts on a board, so please IM me those and I'll take care of them.

Take care,

Scott

mizzilie Newbie

Hi Scott,

well, it doesn't look that easy.

I only use security default settings, I accept Java and cookies.

I use Firefox browser.

My firewall doesn't blog the page.

And celiac.com tells me that my usual email-box provider web.de is a spammer which it is not.

Could it be that celiac.com settings are a little bit too strict. Just asking. I really have tried everything :(

Kind regards,

Tinka

Scott Adams Grand Master

Sorry, but that is all I can think of. If our settings were too strict this would be happening to other people as well, but others seem to be creating accounts, logging in, and posting without issue.

Take care,

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Melody1 Newbie

Hi. My identity seems to fade in and out. It is very strange. Sometimes I can sign in and others not. Sometimes I can post and others it tells me I don't exist. Can you see if have made an error in registering? I have had to register a number of times so I may have messed myself up somehow. Thanks very much.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Be sure that your browser or fire wall are not blocking cookies or Java--use the default security settings.

Take care,

Scott

Melody1 Newbie

It seems to be working now. I use an ipad most of the time, so I don't know if that is the problem. Anyway - seems resolved. Thanks! Melody

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 months later...
Tira Newbie

GRRRRRRRRRRRR. :angry: I have been fighting w/ this site and am about to lose my temper! :angry: I tried logging in w/ the addy and pw I selected when I joined, it wouldn't accept. So I clicked forgot pw and got a new one, got in but now I can't change my pw. :angry: I can't click on the drop down menu option by my name. Getting pretty frustrated and am wondering if it is worth the hassle. I have never had this much trouble logging onto a site! How do I change my PW???????????????????????????????????????????

Tira Newbie

*sigh* Finally figured it out....or at least got it changed. Don't know why I can't access the drop down menu by my name. took me a long time and many tries. Hope it gets better.

Archived