17 replies to this topic

#16 Kansas

Kansas

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Well...back to square one! Have been completely off dairy, and have had new cracks almost everyday...so I am back to thinking it is gluten. I was glutened about 16 days ago and maybe this is the "aftermath". I have always treated it as Dh, going with the no iodine, but I have had bacon and am wondering about the salt in it. I sure wish someone would figure this out!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mlyons456

mlyons456

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Yes, the skin does indeed appear to be "thicker". Perhaps some minor form of inflamation; I don't know. The cracks usually start to appear along the existing pattern within my fingerprint - sometimes on one finger; other times on multiple fingers.

I am have goldfish/koi ponds at my house (as a hobby), and often develop these cracks after I've spend a day cleaning my fishpond... Okay, I know this has nothing to do with celiac. Then again, they that G-d works in mysterious ways.

I have no reason to believe I'm dairy sensitive, and seem to remember this being ruled out years ago when I was diagnosed with celiac.

I get this same pattern - tiny cracks in the fingerprint lines. If I handle anything dark in color, the dark substance gets into the cracks and it looks like I have dirty fingers no matter how much I clean them. Ugh. I've been thinking it was gluten but I haven't ruled out dairy. Sometimes the cracks become tiny painful paper cuts around the size and shape of a needle's eye. For some reason, these cracks are always restricted to my index finger, middle finger, and thumb. Almost always these appear bilaterally - on both hands at the same time.

Perhaps the Koi pond is getting grime into your fingers' cracks, making them visible.

#18 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Mlyons,  the member Greg Rappaport has not been active since October of 2011.  He may not see your reply.

This thread just started yesterday may interest you.

http://www.celiac.co...-with-bleeding/

Good Luck.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: