Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Decided To Do Gluten Challenge For Sure This Time, Uugggh!

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hi everone, hope everybody's doing good today.
Been gluten free for 2 and a half years now give or take. Due to ongoing fatigue symptoms that are not going away and that I don't want to put off on the fibro I have an appt with an internal medicine dr Sept. 13th. He will be testing from what I understand everything from thyroid, lupus, adrenals, etc. He also does celiac testing. So, I decided what the heck, I'm doing a gluten challenge. Been 3 weeks now, and I have to say it's going better than I thought it would. I've tried twice before but quit after 2 weeks both times, just couldn't take it anymore. I'm having problems and i'm not feeling good at all but i'm living with it. So far.
I've done told everyone that as soon as the testing is over they can all go fly a kite because i'm going back to being gluten free. I'm doing this for me not them. I just can't quit wondering if I might test positive or not. I know I definetly have a gluten problem.
Uugghhhh, just wanted to vent and say i'm still here and still alive. :P

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

Good luck, hope you get some results you can work with.

I have been considering doing a challenge myself but I can't bring myself to do it. I tried twice and never lasted past the first day.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

#3 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hang in there. I'm glad you're not getting super-sick from it.

#4 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Three weeks - you are doing well! So glad you are not as sick as you had expected to be. My challenge was for nearly four months but as I did not feel sick from gluten it was easy for me. I was lucky. How long were you told to do the challenge for? Hopefully you will get answers not just regarding celiac but also any other issues.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:43 AM

i'm glad you're able to do the challenge without too much trouble. Hopefully you'll get some answers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: