6 replies to this topic

#1 come dance with me

come dance with me

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

We have the books to finish but we've seen all the movies now. They were fantastic. I love them all. We aim to own all the movies as well as all the books.

The next adventure we will embark on is Pirates of the Carribean.
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 livelifelarge24

livelifelarge24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

I am only up to number four on the books and movies. Been reading a book then watching the corresponding movie then on to the next.. I'm so far behind!
"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools." - Spanish Proverb

#3 desert rose

desert rose

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

We have the books to finish but we've seen all the movies now. They were fantastic. I love them all. We aim to own all the movies as well as all the books.

The next adventure we will embark on is Pirates of the Carribean.

I read all the Harry potter novels before I saw the movies which I think was really good as the movies dont show half of what is in the books. You will love Pirates of the Carribean we are waiting for the fourth to come out on dvd to join our set.

#4 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

I LOVE the books, have the whole series but I can't stand the movies. Just dosen't follow the storyline all that well for me. I know they can't fit everything from the books into the movies but I come away feeling dissatisfied. Oh well. Now, i'm getting into the Percy Jackson series and the Kane Chronicles. I'm an adult but I love these books. :D

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

#5 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

I LOVE the books, have the whole series but I can't stand the movies. Just dosen't follow the storyline all that well for me. I know they can't fit everything from the books into the movies but I come away feeling dissatisfied. Oh well. Now, i'm getting into the Percy Jackson series and the Kane Chronicles. I'm an adult but I love these books. :D

My oldest son (10.5 yrs old) loves the Percy Jackson books and the Kane Chronicles. I decided to pick the first Percy Jackson book up and read a little bit. It was a good read! He didn't like the Harry Potter books though.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#6 Harpgirl

Harpgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

I love the Harry Potter books. My favorite is the last one. It reads like an account of the holocaust. When I was teaching High School English, it hadn't come out yet, and after I read it, I wished I was still back in the classroom. I taught at a rural "southern" school where there was quite a lot of racism. I would have loved to assign the books as a major test grade replacement. I would have had them write a paper comparing and contrasting it to the holocaust and describing how we could use the examples presented by Harry in our lives today. *sigh*
Gluten free 6/10/11
Negative blood test for celiac 7/7/11
History, genetics, and response to diet point to celiac anyway.

Syan rest wear
feasceaft funden, he s frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum, weormyndum ah,
ot him ghwylc ara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan. t ws god cyning! -Excerpt from the prologue of Beowulf. :)

#7 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

We've read the whole of the first book. It worked out well for us to watch the movies first because my dd has autism and without the movies she wouldn't be as interested because she can't imagine what she's reading but she can think back to the movies while I read them to her.
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: