Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Craving Apple Pie!

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need help. I am pregnant again and am craving apple pie. Do any of you have any suggestions for pre-made gluten-free frozen apple pies and/or crusts that I can fill and bake? Or bakeries that may be able to ship apple pie to me? I am so desperate that I would actually settle for any type of fruit filled pie at this point!

Thanks a bunch!

J

Ads by Google:

Hi,

I need help. I am pregnant again and am craving apple pie. Do any of you have any suggestions for pre-made gluten-free frozen apple pies and/or crusts that I can fill and bake? Or bakeries that may be able to ship apple pie to me? I am so desperate that I would actually settle for any type of fruit filled pie at this point!

Thanks a bunch!

J

I don't know what part of the country you are from, but Whole Foods have frozen pre-make pie shells.

Or you could contact the Gluten Free Galley. I understand they are working of mixes. http://www.glutenfreegalley.com/

Apple crisps can be made with crumbled up cookies. And there is a recipe floating around here for an apple crisp (or other fruit) using Pamela's Yellow Cake Mix.

AND Congratulations!

For me, it's the cooked apples and the cinnamon. I have never liked the crust. I make homemade applesauce with lots of cinnamon. You could just cook apple slices with cinnamon and a small amount of brown sugar. Even a can of apple pie filling heated up if the crust isn't important. Whole Foods and other health food or groceries that have a big gluten-free section will have frozen pie crusts.

Oh!!! Congrats on the baby!

Thank you so much for the ideas ladies! I will start working on cooked apples with cinnamon and add in cookie crumbles today to curb my craving. I really appreciate your help!

Hi,

Thanks a bunch!

J

What about making just the filling? Apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, a touch of lemon juice and a touch of cornstarch, baked in the oven. We make this dessert ALL the time. You can even add a crumb topping (gluten-free flour mixed with cold butter with a bit more cinnamon and brown sugar!)

Hi,

Thanks a bunch!

J

I bought a gluten free apple pie from Whole Foods once that was insanely wonderful. Also, check Mariposa Gluten Free Bakery, in Oakland California. I don't know if they make apple pies, but everything I've tried of theirs is delicious, and they do ship their products. Good luck!

Achatz Pies in Michigan has started making gluten free pies. Michigan four berry pie is da bomb (as in awesome)!