1 reply to this topic

#1 RESO

RESO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

I have been searching around for generic allergy medications similar to something like claritin. I realize the brand name doesn't have gluten ingredients but it is expensive and I'm not sure it will work. My experience with allergy meds years ago was that even the "non-drowsy" meds would still make me very sleepy, so sleepy I couldn't work. I have looked at generic allergy meds at cvs and family dollar, and they contain the inactive ingredients pregelatinized starch and sodium starch glyconate. Of course, no one is there on the weekends to answer the 800 number provided on the box. Are manufacturers required to disclose a wheat sourced ingredient, like with food? Has anyone called either of these to find out where the ingredients are sourced? Thanks in advance for your help.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lpellegr

lpellegr

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Don't give up, you'll find something. If you're a Sam's Club member they have generic Cetirizine (Zyrtek generic) that is gluten-free. If you can't find generic Claritin, try looking for generic Zyrtek. A lot of the CVS products are gluten-free, and check other generics from the big chains like Rite-Aid. You might not get immediate help if you call at odd hours, but keep trying.
Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: