Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Have A Favorite gluten-free Vegan Dessert?

• Please log in to reply

11 replies to this topic

#1 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

My favorites are pumpkin bars, blonde brownies, and chocolate cake. What are your favorites?
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

I was going to post these recipes, searched for them in my Word docs and realized all three are recipes I either modified to make them gluten-free or just printed out from a recipe site. If anyone wants them, just let me know and I'll type them up for you.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#3 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

I would be interested in any egg,soy,gluten free dessert recipes :)

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#4 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

Try the Allergen Free baker's Handbook (How to Bake without Gluten, Wheat,Dairy, Eggs Soy, Peanuts, Tree nuts, and Sesame by Cybele Pascal.

I love this cookbook! The cupcakes rock! Gluten eaters love the baked goods too. (I was having a hard time finding some of the ingredients for the flour mix and substitued a pre-made gluten-free mix instead. It works perfectly.) So even if you don't want to invest in buying the different parts to make your own gluten free flour mix, you will do fine.
Michigan

#5 kendon0015

kendon0015

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

This may be boring to some: One of my favorites is good ol' baked apples. I fill the core with a touch of brown sugar, raisins, sliver of butter, and walnuts. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake. Apple pie without the crust. A la mode is nice too. Try with pears as well.

#6 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

This may be boring to some: One of my favorites is good ol' baked apples. I fill the core with a touch of brown sugar, raisins, sliver of butter, and walnuts. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake. Apple pie without the crust. A la mode is nice too. Try with pears as well.

This sounds great!

#7 lorka150

lorka150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

I have a series of gluten-free vegan, most allergen-free cookbooks coming out. They are all baked goods. The first is due out in a couple weeks, and I'm currently finishing up the second one. If you're interested in testing recipes for the second one (it is all cakes, cookies, bars, squares, cupcakes), let me know! Send me a PM and I'll send you more info!
Gluten-free, Vegan

#8 Reba32

Reba32

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

A friend recently sent me this website link http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/

All of her recipes are gluten free, and most are also vegetarian or vegan and other allergens free or adaptable.

I did not know before I saw this site that either flax meal or chia seeds can be used in place of eggs! Soak either 1 tbsp flax meal or chia seeds in 3 tbsp of water for about 15 minutes, and it'll get all gummy like an egg and can be used as an equivalent of 1 egg in recipes.

So far I've tried the quinoa double chocolate cake, it was very yummy, and very easy to make :)

#9 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:12 AM

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Have had a wicked sinus infection for past month or longer. Still not back 100%. Will type that up for you this weekend if you're interested or you could google blonde brownies. I think I just used gluten-free flours and added 1 t. xanthan gum per cup.

#10 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

A friend recently sent me this website link http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/

All of her recipes are gluten free, and most are also vegetarian or vegan and other allergens free or adaptable.

I did not know before I saw this site that either flax meal or chia seeds can be used in place of eggs! Soak either 1 tbsp flax meal or chia seeds in 3 tbsp of water for about 15 minutes, and it'll get all gummy like an egg and can be used as an equivalent of 1 egg in recipes.

So far I've tried the quinoa double chocolate cake, it was very yummy, and very easy to make :)

Gosh, those look GREAT :)

#11 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:58 AM

OK. Here is the link to the chocolate cake. It is egg, nut, soy free. My gluten eating husband requested that I make it again.

Scroll down to Alex's chocolate cake recipe. Don't know how to link to a specific post.

http://www.celiac.co...day-party-food/

#12 ECUmom3

ECUmom3

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

I just purchased both cookbooks by "Babycakes". The ones I've tried so far are really good; however ingredients are expensive but worth it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: