This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Styes On Your Eyes

DragonQueen

DragonQueen Explorer

Since Ive gone gluten free Ive been getting styes on my eyes and I didn't use to. (My mom has them too and she is gluten free) Is it something that comes up when you first go gluten free? Please answer these questions!? :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

I've only had one stye, and that was before I was gluten-free. You might talk to your optomitrist about ways to minimize them. They're caused by oil buildup, so a warm wash of the face morning and night - making sure to wash the eyelids (outside, of course ;-) ), and a warm wet cloth placed over the eyes for a few minutes every day can help reduce them and prevent them from coming back.

melly Rookie
Since Ive gone gluten free Ive been getting styes on my eyes and I didn't use to. (My mom has them too and she is gluten free) Is it something that comes up when you first go gluten free? Please answer these questions!? :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do styles look like

DragonQueen Explorer

Styes are painful little bumps on your eyelids. All I do to get rid of them is use Johnsons baby shampoo and those little suckers go right away. :lol: Hmmm but for some reason there alot worse, and I keep getting more of them since I gone gluten free. :blink:

melly Rookie
Styes are painful little bumps on your eyelids. All I do to get rid of them is use Johnsons baby shampoo and those little suckers go right away. :lol:  Hmmm but for some reason there alot worse, and I keep getting more of them since I gone gluten free. :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks mabe its not the gluten free diet mabe your celiac got worse or somethin

• 6 months later...
pauli Newbie

or better ( probably a detox reaction ) skin is the largest organ so if toxins can't get out any other way they will come through the skin

ErraticBinxie Explorer

I never got them but I asked my mom and she said she used to get them a lot before she went gluten-free. Since she found out she was Celiac she hasn't had them.

My sister (Who should be gluten-free but isnt) gets them sometimes.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 months later...
HillaryT Newbie

thats really weird. about 2 months ago i got my first stye. i went to the doctor got medicine and it went away but then came back out of nowhere! it was actually when i had cheated on my diet though.

Guest Robbin

Check your mascara and eye makeup to see if it is gluten-free, and if it is older than a couple of months, pitch it since bacteria may be growing in it. I have read about a natural eye wash that you can use to help get rid of them. Anyone familiar with that? I am thinking it was a mild boric acid solution with distilled water.

Archived