#1 jen-schall

jen-schall

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:58 PM

hi everyone,

brief backstory: had 2 accidental glutaminations which I am recovering from, so it's not much of a mystery WHY I'm having these symptoms,

-but-

I am hugely dizzy, not the lightheaded, shaky kind, but the I-just-spun-around-fifty-times kind, where the room feels like it's swaying and swooping and if i try to walk I bump into the wall eventually.

other than that, no real symptoms.

is there any way to make this go away/ease it up
or do i just have to sit on my couch w/ my eyes closed and wait for it to stop?

it's not low blood sugar related, i don't believe, b/c that feels very different.

help!
xo Jen

when I look around, I think this,
this is good enough
and I try to laugh at whatever life brings
because when I look down,
I just miss all the good stuff
and when I look up,
I just trip over things

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 judy05

judy05

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

hi everyone,

brief backstory:  had 2 accidental glutaminations which I am recovering from, so it's not much of a mystery WHY I'm having these symptoms,

-but-

I am hugely dizzy, not the lightheaded, shaky kind, but the I-just-spun-around-fifty-times kind, where the room feels like it's swaying and swooping and if i try to walk I bump into the wall eventually.

other than that, no real symptoms.

is there any way to make this go away/ease it up
or do i just have to sit on my couch w/ my eyes closed and wait for it to stop?

it's not low blood sugar related, i don't believe, b/c that feels very different. 

help!

I also get this, it is usually related to your ears. I have allergies and every August I get this symptom, especially when lying in bed and turning over. I usually just wait and the spinning stops. I tahe a antihistamine, like Zyrtec or Claritin. Ideally a decongestion would work better but they make my heart beat too fast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:00 PM

I've had this happen twice - and the feeling lasts three days or so for me, but I didn't connect it to a gluten experience. My allergist ran some blood tests, though I forget exactly which ones, but found nothing odd. I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about it!
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 Guest_kfrancisvt_*

Guest_kfrancisvt_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:43 AM

Several years ago this happened to me. Since I travel for my job and I would have to stay up late to complete a project, I would be drinking a lot of caffeine drinks and eating processed foods (this was before I found out I couldn't eat gluten). I found out that I had Meniere's Disease.

So I no longer drink caffeine drinks and I watch my sodium intake. Since then I haven't had a vertigo attack ... and believe me, I know what you are going through! It is the worse feeling.

Hope this helps.

Kathy

#5 roxy

roxy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:25 PM

[quote name='judy05' date='Aug 6 2005, 05:13 PM']

I have been suffering from dizziness for years before finding out I had celiac,
my M.D. said it is a neurological condition and it's called gluten ataxia. Evan though I AM GLUTEN FREE it never goes away. Life is a roller coaster except sometimes I'D LIKE TO GET OFF THE RIDE!

#6 jen-schall

jen-schall

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:24 PM

I really appreciate all the responses - thank you! I'm definitely going to mention it to my doctor, whom I can finally call tomorrow when it's no longer a weekend! it always seems the weird-health happens on a weekend.. :)

thanks, everyone!
xo Jen

when I look around, I think this,
this is good enough
and I try to laugh at whatever life brings
because when I look down,
I just miss all the good stuff
and when I look up,
I just trip over things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: