Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Super Dizzy W/ No Other Real Symptoms..

6 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

brief backstory: had 2 accidental glutaminations which I am recovering from, so it's not much of a mystery WHY I'm having these symptoms,

-but-

I am hugely dizzy, not the lightheaded, shaky kind, but the I-just-spun-around-fifty-times kind, where the room feels like it's swaying and swooping and if i try to walk I bump into the wall eventually.

other than that, no real symptoms.

is there any way to make this go away/ease it up

or do i just have to sit on my couch w/ my eyes closed and wait for it to stop?

it's not low blood sugar related, i don't believe, b/c that feels very different.

help!

Ads by Google:
hi everyone,

brief backstory:  had 2 accidental glutaminations which I am recovering from, so it's not much of a mystery WHY I'm having these symptoms,

-but-

I am hugely dizzy, not the lightheaded, shaky kind, but the I-just-spun-around-fifty-times kind, where the room feels like it's swaying and swooping and if i try to walk I bump into the wall eventually.

other than that, no real symptoms.

is there any way to make this go away/ease it up

or do i just have to sit on my couch w/ my eyes closed and wait for it to stop?

it's not low blood sugar related, i don't believe, b/c that feels very different. 

help!

I also get this, it is usually related to your ears. I have allergies and every August I get this symptom, especially when lying in bed and turning over. I usually just wait and the spinning stops. I tahe a antihistamine, like Zyrtec or Claritin. Ideally a decongestion would work better but they make my heart beat too fast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had this happen twice - and the feeling lasts three days or so for me, but I didn't connect it to a gluten experience. My allergist ran some blood tests, though I forget exactly which ones, but found nothing odd. I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about it!

Several years ago this happened to me. Since I travel for my job and I would have to stay up late to complete a project, I would be drinking a lot of caffeine drinks and eating processed foods (this was before I found out I couldn't eat gluten). I found out that I had Meniere's Disease.

So I no longer drink caffeine drinks and I watch my sodium intake. Since then I haven't had a vertigo attack ... and believe me, I know what you are going through! It is the worse feeling.

Hope this helps.

Kathy

I have been suffering from dizziness for years before finding out I had celiac,

my M.D. said it is a neurological condition and it's called gluten ataxia. Evan though I AM GLUTEN FREE it never goes away. Life is a roller coaster except sometimes I'D LIKE TO GET OFF THE RIDE!

I really appreciate all the responses - thank you! I'm definitely going to mention it to my doctor, whom I can finally call tomorrow when it's no longer a weekend! it always seems the weird-health happens on a weekend.. :)

thanks, everyone!