Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free Nuts

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a variety of nuts to put into a trail mix so I have some healthy to snack on. The problem is I can't seem to find, nuts that are not processed in a facaility or on equimpent that process wheat. I also don't want any that have salt on them. So I bought some Blue Almond almonds and some planter peanuts but can seem to find any walnuts or pecans or other nuts.

Any sugestion on where to find them order them online?

Ads by Google:

Check out nutsonline.com :)

Planter's nuts (Kraft) clearly mark gluten and I am a highly sensitive one. I eat South Beach diet nuts every day and have not had any problem with them for years.

Good luck!

lisa

I buy fisher pecans in the bag and blue diamond almonds all the time. We haven't had any problems yet.

If you live around a Trader Joe's they have salt and additive-free nuts.

I second nutsonline.com

They have nuts that are certified gluten-free and the website tells you very clearly which nuts are safe. Service is fast and the nuts and seeds are absolutely delicious. Good prices, too!

I have DH and need to have unsalted nuts too.

NutsOnline.com is excellent. They offer everything you could want in nuts and offer unsalted options for all of them. They also have a large gluten free section with all kinds of flours, spices, etc. I highly recommend them.

I place an order about once a month. I love the samplers, too! All of their shipments have been wonderful. I do the happy dance on delivery day, even before it arrives (because I know it's coming, they e-mail you.

Has anyone tried their gluten-free flour mix? (I haven't, just buy the almond flour.) I have pretty simple baking needs, but I'd love a yummy pizza crust!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• celiac disease is psychosomatic
      I was diagnosed a couple years ago and started gluten-free diet then. Test also showed damage to my small intestine. I explained to this doctor how I was barely able to get out of bed when I ate gluten in the pastand my intestines are still recovering from the damage. I only discussed this briefly. I consulted with this doctor concerning my dizziness explaining that I get dizzy/migraines when I eat gluten due to my celiac disease. I further explained that my dizziness has been cut in half since I went on a gluten-free diet so I am better able to get out of bed. The consult was about taking tests to figure out if something in my brain was causing my dizziness or this doctor specialized in testing the brain for impairments. In her summary, she stated that my memory impairments were probably due to being precoccupied with thinking about my psychosomatic symptoms. However, I only though about the test when I took it. And I only think about whatever task I am trying to remember when I try to remember it! I feel my symptoms rather than think about them all day long.
      If you don't get the diagnosis you are happy with go to another doc.  Try to find a Celiac Friendly doc.  OR you can do what i did and give up and just go gluten free.  I didn't need a doctor to confirm that if my gas, bloating, migraines, depression, joint pain, rash, dry skin and brittle nails went away when i went gluten free that i must have celiac.  AND 6 months after i went gluten free on my own i had some blood tests repeated that i had done when they were trying to figure out what was causing my severe rash, all the things that were "wrong" with me or abnormal in the the first blood tests, went to normal on the second test.  INCLUDING MY THYROID LEVELS! Oh, i didn't mention that during this time they diagnosed me with early hashimotos.. 6 months later i was miraculously cured from this progressive thyroid disorder according to the blood test results.  I didn't have hashimotos to put it bluntly.   I am almost 10 years gluten free with no positive Celiac diagnosis.  But let me tell you this,  My daughter's neurologist did a DNA test on her 1 year after she too went gluten free and it came back positive for Celiac.  so.  js.     That's my story..  in short.
      Were you officially diagnosed with Celiac Disease at the time she wrote that?  And, if so, for how long were you diagnosed & gluten-free but still complaining of those symptoms?
    • Weird Reaction
      Hi Richie By the sounds of it you could have gluten sneaking in somewhere, or maybe blood sugar issues,  or just plain anxiety, but it would be good to know for sure so you know what to do next. I think maybe the best course of action would be to see your GP and  tell him/her all your symptoms.   I dread seeing my own GP because as lovely as she is she is very fond of sending me for blood tests (which always seem to include liver function, thyroid and full blood count) which for someone with health anxiety isn't the recipe for a peaceful night's sleep!  But she is right, those particular blood tests, and others, can hold important clues when one has a lot of vague symptoms.   Celiac testing is of course another set of tests, which Flowerqueen has described well above.    If you do have all these tests and anxiety continues to be a problem, whether caused by celiac disease, another medical condition or it just turns out to be a stand alone problem, one book that I would recommend that really helped me understand the condition is 'At Last a Life' by  Paul David. I found it an immensely helpful tool in my recovery.   There is also a website. http://anxietynomore.co.uk/   Keep us posted Cristiana      
      Unfortunately I feel this may be common.  For 6 years I was told I was fine.  Lungs fine, chest fine, just anxiety.  It was not until I pressed the anemia issue that I got a blood test.  Now I am a bit of a squeaky wheel to my doctor.  She referred me to Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN which has a celiac center.  I will meet with Dr. Murray (who is a leader in celiac research) next Friday.  If nothing else, you could always come to Mayo Clinic.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
    • ukuleleerika

Hello! I am new to this Celiac website... Is there anyone out there with Celiac AND extensive food allergies? My allergies include shellfish, dairy, eggs, cantaloupe, kiwi, mango, nuts, oranges, red dye, and more I can't think of. I went to the allergist about a year ago to see why I wasn't feeling well, and once everything was eliminated, I still didn't feel well. We did more testing to find out I had celiac as well as allergies to cattle as well as rye grass (I live on a farm basically). This was back in January 2016. I recently had my endoscopy with the gastroenterologist a week ago. I have no idea what to do or what to eat... So fish and potatoes for me!
      · 2 replies
    • SLLRunner

Week 4 of the gluten challenge- wheat cereal every morning, regular bread every day, and wheat tortillas for my lunch wraps. Right now, body aches that seem exercise related (weight lifting and running), even though I am doing the same intensity of weight lifting and running I've always done.  Just a few more weeks until my blood test. Counting down the days.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Trace66