7 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah B

Sarah B

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

I'm looking for a variety of nuts to put into a trail mix so I have some healthy to snack on. The problem is I can't seem to find, nuts that are not processed in a facaility or on equimpent that process wheat. I also don't want any that have salt on them. So I bought some Blue Almond almonds and some planter peanuts but can seem to find any walnuts or pecans or other nuts.

Any sugestion on where to find them order them online?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Check out nutsonline.com :)
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#3 oceangirl

oceangirl

oceangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Planter's nuts (Kraft) clearly mark gluten and I am a highly sensitive one. I eat South Beach diet nuts every day and have not had any problem with them for years.

Good luck!
lisa

#4 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

I buy fisher pecans in the bag and blue diamond almonds all the time. We haven't had any problems yet.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#5 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

If you live around a Trader Joe's they have salt and additive-free nuts.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#6 TestyTommy

TestyTommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

I second nutsonline.com

They have nuts that are certified gluten-free and the website tells you very clearly which nuts are safe. Service is fast and the nuts and seeds are absolutely delicious. Good prices, too!

#7 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

I have DH and need to have unsalted nuts too.
NutsOnline.com is excellent. They offer everything you could want in nuts and offer unsalted options for all of them. They also have a large gluten free section with all kinds of flours, spices, etc. I highly recommend them.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#8 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

I place an order about once a month. I love the samplers, too! All of their shipments have been wonderful. I do the happy dance on delivery day, even before it arrives (because I know it's coming, they e-mail you.

Has anyone tried their gluten-free flour mix? (I haven't, just buy the almond flour.) I have pretty simple baking needs, but I'd love a yummy pizza crust!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: