4 replies to this topic

#1 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

Well i'm 2 months in on my gluten challenge. I'm being tested on the 13th. If I don't have official Celiac, I know i'm at least gluten intolerant and no matter what the tests say i'm back to being gluten free. Almost everything that had resolved has just about come back. The nueropothy pain and tingling in the extremities, insomnia, restless legs, brain fog off an on, alternating D and C, bloating, cramps, the sores that I had on my head for almost 20 something years that went away are back, anxiety, back and shoulder pain, just that general feeling like i'm coming down with something. Alternating between feeling cold and hot in different parts of the body, Running a low grade fever, nausea and the worst of them all having not quite panic attacks but loosing my cool, feeling like i'm loosing my marbles and feeling like bugs are crawling all over my body off and on. I can't hold my temper hardly at all, lashing out for no reason, i'm back to being the snarly witch bi*ch again. Not good. And i'm gaining weight like crazy again. I'm watching what I eat, trying to eat healthy calorie and fat wise but i've already gained back 12 lbs.
Very frustrating. I'm so looking forward to the 13th.
Then I will be gluten free forever! Yaaaaa! :D

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gluten free overseas

gluten free overseas

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

Holy cow! That's so awful! I'm sure you are counting the hours until you can go gluten free again!

#3 pain*in*my*gut

pain*in*my*gut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

Well i'm 2 months in on my gluten challenge. I'm being tested on the 13th. If I don't have official Celiac, I know i'm at least gluten intolerant and no matter what the tests say i'm back to being gluten free. Almost everything that had resolved has just about come back. The nueropothy pain and tingling in the extremities, insomnia, restless legs, brain fog off an on, alternating D and C, bloating, cramps, the sores that I had on my head for almost 20 something years that went away are back, anxiety, back and shoulder pain, just that general feeling like i'm coming down with something. Alternating between feeling cold and hot in different parts of the body, Running a low grade fever, nausea and the worst of them all having not quite panic attacks but loosing my cool, feeling like i'm loosing my marbles and feeling like bugs are crawling all over my body off and on. I can't hold my temper hardly at all, lashing out for no reason, i'm back to being the snarly witch bi*ch again. Not good. And i'm gaining weight like crazy again. I'm watching what I eat, trying to eat healthy calorie and fat wise but i've already gained back 12 lbs.
Very frustrating. I'm so looking forward to the 13th.
Then I will be gluten free forever! Yaaaaa! :D

Holy Cow, we could be twins!! I have all of those symptoms from gluten (except the head sores...I get mouth sores)! My biopsy is the 9th, and like you, I don't care what it says....I am going gluten free.

I look at it this way...at least we know we will feel better! We know we will get better as soon as we stop poisioning ourselves. For so long I wondered if I would ever feel better, now I know I will!! ;)

Hang in there!
Celiac DX 9/2011 ~ Gluten free ever since
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis 10/2011
Premature Ovarian Failure 11/2010
Rheumatoid Arthritis 10/2011
Sjogren's Disease 10/2011

"The best way out is always through" ~Robert Frost

#4 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

Wow, I can't believe you're toughing it out. I'm impressed. At least you know for sure that gluten is a complete no-go for you.

#5 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:00 AM

I hope you get through it. I totally commiserate. Especially the witch thing. I hope your victims are understanding. It is weird how you just can't help it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: