7 replies to this topic

#1 AVR1962

AVR1962

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

I'm an American living in Germany, just wondering if anyone else here is from Germany?
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 glutentheintolerant

glutentheintolerant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:36 AM

Hi AVR1962,

I do not live in Germany but I live close to its border. Und ich spreche Deutsch. ;)

#3 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

Hi AVR1962,

I do not live in Germany but I live close to its border. Und ich spreche Deutsch. ;)

I hadn't checked this post in awhile. Good to see someone else here from Germany. I'm located more mid-country, about an hour from Frankfurt. We are here due to my husband's job position. You'd think after 10 years I'd know more German but we live in a very large American community which many of the Germans speak English so thre has not been much chance for practice here.

I made a good find the other day. Been experimenting some with the gluten-free products and found some really good all-purpose type gluten-free flour at Globus called Mix It. I've tried Bob's Mill's flours and find them rather grainy and make rather dense baked goods. This was not the case with this flour.

Have you been able to find products where you are at?

Do you get BoFrost delivery? That's kind of like Schwann's in the states. I have been buying from them for years. Saves me trying to make the food myself but when I went gluten-free I thought it was the end. I called them and asked if they have a gluten-free menu and low and behold they do! I was tickled!! I have tried several of their items now and they are all very good.....pizza, tortellini, dinner rolls, even cordon blue....all gluten-free!

Are you from Germany, or here just temp? How do you like it?

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#4 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

I'm spending a few days in Germany next week. in a place called Kircheim. My husband started travelling to Germany in the 80s to attend Ford Capri events(believe they were released as Mercury Lincoln Capri in USA). He's been a member of Capri Club Deutschland for a number of years and we're coming over for their annual conference and dinner dance.

#5 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

I'm spending a few days in Germany next week. in a place called Kircheim. My husband started travelling to Germany in the 80s to attend Ford Capri events(believe they were released as Mercury Lincoln Capri in USA). He's been a member of Capri Club Deutschland for a number of years and we're coming over for their annual conference and dinner dance.

Wonderful!!! Not sure where Kircheim is. We live about 45 minutes from Kircheimboladen....get a load of that name! Enjoy your time in Germany.

#6 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

It's in the Hersfeld-Rotenburg county,
district Kassel and state of Hesse. We're driving to Newcastle in England on Wednesday morning, getting Ferry to Amsterdam and then driving down. I'm a bit concerned about the journey as I'm back on gluten for scope and feeling pretty bad. I get the scope the day after we come back and can't wait to go back gluten free! The first time I tried to go back on gluten I only lasted 3 days. It's been five weeks now and I just have to do it. I'm only managing it as I'm not working just now. only got 11 days to go!

#7 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

It's in the Hersfeld-Rotenburg county,
district Kassel and state of Hesse. We're driving to Newcastle in England on Wednesday morning, getting Ferry to Amsterdam and then driving down. I'm a bit concerned about the journey as I'm back on gluten for scope and feeling pretty bad. I get the scope the day after we come back and can't wait to go back gluten free! The first time I tried to go back on gluten I only lasted 3 days. It's been five weeks now and I just have to do it. I'm only managing it as I'm not working just now. only got 11 days to go!

Wow, really? You are going on gluten right before the trip? Good luck with that. Doc wanted me to do the same, I made it to day 12 and was in terrible agony. 5 weeks, you are a real trouper!

Your trip plan sounds fun, enjoy! and best to you with your testing when you get back home.

#8 SteffiW

SteffiW

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Ich bin original aus Deutschland aber lebe seit einigen Jahren in Canada.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: