6 replies to this topic

#1 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

Someone suggested I check out the GIG website. They have a neat magazine on line of kids. Please check it out. gluten.net Hope it helps. I'm going to share it with my kids. They don't have it but I do. It may help them in dealing with the life style we need to live.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 faithforlife

faithforlife

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Someone suggested I check out the GIG website. They have a neat magazine on line of kids. Please check it out. gluten.net Hope it helps. I'm going to share it with my kids. They don't have it but I do. It may help them in dealing with the life style we need to live.

hey thanks! much needed. the kids always feel they need to explain their less than yummy diet to people-i want them to see it as a good thing!

Faith For Life
Family History of terminal diabetes, acid reflux, etc.
2010-My 4 yr. old son- chronic diarrhea (3-5x a day since he was 12 months old)and chronic anemia,positive for 2 gluten sensitive antibodies, the genes, inflammation
(no villous atrophy found)
2011-entire family positive for genetics for celiac
2011-myself- positive gluten antibodies across the board
Family is successfully gluten free and some lactose free, studying Specific Carbohydrate Diet and Paleo Diet

#3 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

I'm glad someone else thought it was good. I was starting to think I was the only one. I think the story of Sweet Hearts is our story too, don't you think? If you are the child or the parent, you can relate! Thanks so much to the mom and daughter who write it.

#4 azmontessoriteacher

azmontessoriteacher

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

Thank you! This is great. My daughter is newly diagnosed and I know that this will help her cope. I can't wait to show it to her!

#5 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

Glad it is of help to you. I think the message here is for adults almost more than kids. I'm thinking of getting involved in GIG's restaurant Awareness program. This would be a splendid way to teach adults in the restaurant industry what life is like for the celiac population. Don't you think?:D

#6 azmontessoriteacher

azmontessoriteacher

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Glad it is of help to you. I think the message here is for adults almost more than kids. I'm thinking of getting involved in GIG's restaurant Awareness program. This would be a splendid way to teach adults in the restaurant industry what life is like for the celiac population. Don't you think?:D

She was absolutely delighted about the Girl Scout cookie recipes. That was something she was already missing the thought of. This completely eliminated that complaint!

#7 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

Glad you like it. Spread the word how cool it is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: