Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Canned Cat Food Suggestions

6 posts in this topic

I think I need to change cat food. I switched them to a gluten-free kibble, but need a canned suggestion. I've got a couple of picky cats who only eat "chunky" wet food: slices, filets, shreds and the like. They currently get a can of friskies (split three ways) each day. I am dreading the trial and error method of finding out which brands are gluten-free AND chunky.

Do you have chunk-loving cats, too?

Ads by Google:

It appears that wellness pet food. www.wellnesspetfood.com has wheat free products. The core line is supposed to be wheat and grain free and some of the cubed wet foods are also wheat free. Other than that can you chunk a normal cat food?

My cat gets fussy cat. All of the ingredients are actual recognizable food ingredients, and it looks like pieces of fish, shrimp, etc (she doesn't like any of the chicken varieties). Can't get it at a regular grocery store, but my cat loves it, and it's a good price (though a smallish portion). For dry we use Taste of the Wild. There are quite a few grain-free cat foods now. If you have a higher end pet store, ask there.

Here's a link to Fussy Cat. You can also buy it online from that company that starts with A and is a river in South America. =)

http://fussiecat.com/

Taste of the Wild and Weruva are two brands of grain-free canned food in a chunky style that I can think of offhand. Some of the Wellness canned formulas are grain-free, but they are loaf (pate) style, not chunky.

Thanks so much for the brand suggestions!

Also my two cents, I've been using Before Grain kibble/dry food and our cats LOVE it (and I don't react). I'm so grateful to have some canned suggestions! I was worried I had no options :)