#1 cougie23

cougie23

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hi guys...(And girls)
I'm still figuring this out! What is my signature? Where and why do I need it/put it?!On my profile it says I haven't done my signature!? HUH?!!!
A little help please... it took me all day to get my Avatar right(I thought it was my photo and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't change!LOL)
Thanks guys.
Also since you(moderators) are more experianced and I'm really in trouble here...do you have any imediate advice for not being able to keep food down because your stomache has had enough and refuses to digest...entire stomache/intestinal track feels like bee stings and open sores any suggestions for soft digestible food? (gluten/casein intolerant)Hungry and everything is making severe acid and gas... even the good stuff!
I was able to hold down some trader joes butternut squash soup(gluten free) 15 minutes ago...but want some advice from someone more experianced and can't rally wait!!!
COUGIE23
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

Repost your question about easy foods on the post dx/ recovery thread. Make your title something like " can't keep food down".

I don't have a signature & haven't tried so I can't help you there.

I'll check for it and approve it right away.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hi guys...(And girls)
I'm still figuring this out! What is my signature? Where and why do I need it/put it?!On my profile it says I haven't done my signature!? HUH?!!!
A little help please... it took me all day to get my Avatar right(I thought it was my photo and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't change!LOL)

Welcome, Cougie! I had a hard time figuring out the signature thingy, too. On the left side above the place where you added your avatar, there's a place that says "Change Signature". Click on it and a box will appear that looks about the same as when you type a post to the forum. Put the info in there that you wish and *hopefully* the directions I'm giving you will work. :P
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#4 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:10 AM

Thankyou Karang and Sylvia ... still getting the hang of this.
can't seem to get the "font" to work either! I'm clicking on the right boxes but the info just apears in the message section instead on just changing like when I do E.mails!I don"t understand!
COUGIE23
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

#5 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

Thankyou Karang and Sylvia ... still getting the hang of this.
can't seem to get the "font" to work either! I'm clicking on the right boxes but the info just apears in the message section instead on just changing like when I do E.mails!I don"t understand!
COUGIE23

I type what I want to change the font or color or bold. Then I highlight it like you would to copy. Then hit bold or font.

Hi Cougie! !

You have to type between the 2 font words. Hit " reply
" on is message. You can see that "Cougie"

" is between the color & b. You can cancel if you have nothing to add. Do the same for your message. You will see that both " font" are at the beginning. You have to type between them.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#6 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi Kareng,
I keep trying to do what you discribed...but it juyst won't budge!!!
I'm trying to put COUGIE23 in "Georgia text" with indigo blue on a "5" size scale but I just can't seem to make it work! I've hit "save" I've tried "canceling""undo".... It just keeps that bland little grey "cougie " up there...and there seems nothing to do about it. It says "saved settings" but it never saved what I had typed in just came up with this generic...and beleive me...I'm anything but GENERIC..LOL!!!
SORRY to keep bothering you...I know this isn't really that important...but I hate it when you have an option to have a little fun and the dumb computer just won't listen!!!LOL
THANKYOU AGAIN...
COUGIE23!!!
p.s.
You've probably noticed by now I like "!!!!"
marks Hahaha ...yeah LOL!
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#7 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hi Kareng,
I keep trying to do what you discribed...but it juyst won't budge!!!
I'm trying to put COUGIE23 in "Georgia text" with indigo blue on a "5" size scale but I just can't seem to make it work! I've hit "save" I've tried "canceling""undo".... It just keeps that bland little grey "cougie " up there...and there seems nothing to do about it. It says "saved settings" but it never saved what I had typed in just came up with this generic...and beleive me...I'm anything but GENERIC..LOL!!!
SORRY to keep bothering you...I know this isn't really that important...but I hate it when you have an option to have a little fun and the dumb computer just won't listen!!!LOL
THANKYOU AGAIN...
COUGIE23!!!
p.s.
You've probably noticed by now I like "!!!!"
marks Hahaha ...yeah LOL!

I don't think you can change the name above your picture av if that's what you are trying to do?

dancing-turkey.gif

#8 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:05 AM

The font and color of your screen name are predetermined, and are the same for all members.

Your signature, which you can change, appears at the bottom of your posts. It is optional.

Karen, you do, in fact, have a signature--it is the standard one that all the mods have. Scott or I would have set it up when you joined the team. ;)
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#9 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for responding...
But yes...I was trying to change my signiture at the bottom of my post...I loved the way SYLIVIA was in nice big flowing blue script!I thought it would fun! more like me! :rolleyes: thankyou again...Karang and psawyer
COUGIE23
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#10 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Welcome, Cougie! I had a hard time figuring out the signature thingy, too. On the left side above the place where you added your avatar, there's a place that says "Change Signature". Click on it and a box will appear that looks about the same as when you type a post to the forum. Put the info in there that you wish and *hopefully* the directions I'm giving you will work. :P

Oh and thankyou SYLVIA ...I didn't want to leave you out but appearently I did...OOOPPPPPS!!! sorry I do apreaciate your responce as well...Really! :D
COUGIE23

P.s.looking back...
maybe I did thankyou...
I'm not used to making posts and the edicate that goes with it. just don't want to be rude!!!
I apreciate everyones responces!
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#11 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

THANKYOU PSAWYER!!!
I followed your lead and tinkered whith it a little...I do beleive I have the hang of this!!!! :D (much better)
And happy Birthday as well!!!
Thankyou everyone for being patient :P , now if I can just improve my spelling and typos... LOL :rolleyes:
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#12 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

Late birthday I mean!...my mistake! (I thought I had seen it mentioned on your page... I guess I was wrong! :blink: :rolleyes: Have a great day anyway!!!!
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: