This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Completely gluten-free Resturaunts?

CeliacMom2008

CeliacMom2008 Enthusiast

Name a fully gluten free resurant.... There are none to my knowledge.

New Day Gluten Free outside of St. Louis. Fully gluten-free. Even have a sign on door that says absolutely no outside food to be brought in - gluten free environment. And they have AMAZING food!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

Also, another fun idea. Take some marshmellows, put them in a little bag, attach a ghost cut out and take a poam from here:

Open Original Shared Link

I've seen it done with "snowman poop" before.

There used to be one here. Wheatless in Seattle. They closed and the owner now runs or at least partially runs a bakery. I haven't been there. Too many other food issues for us and she couldn't accomodate.

mommyto2kids Collaborator

I believe there is one in Davis CA. It was listed in one of the Living Without magazines about bay area dining.

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Also, another fun idea. Take some marshmellows, put them in a little bag, attach a ghost cut out and take a poam from here:

I've seen it done with "snowman poop" before.

Tucson Tamale Company. Totally gluten-free and fabulous! Also a bakery in Phoenix bit don't know the name. There's also a Mexican chain that's gluten-free except for liquids, beer, and flour tortillas.

kareng Grand Master

This got started on the Halloweeen candy thread. I will try to move it over here.

Any places that are completely gluten-free?

ElseB Contributor

Des Si et Des Mets - Paris, France

Organic Oven - Toronto, Canada

Kensington Cornerstone - Toronto, Canada

kareng Grand Master

Eleanor's Bake Shop in Sandy, Utah. Baked goods, breakfasts & lunches.

We have a Persian place that is almost completely gluten-free at dinner - just pita bread.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sreese68 Enthusiast

This is more sandwich shop than restaurant, but Bee's Knees Bakeshop outside Austin is totally gluten-free: Open Original Shared Link They serve breakfast and lunch, and they sell baked goods and mixes.

Food for Life Network (NOT the same company as the national one that makes food for grocery stores) also outside Austin: Open Original Shared Link Their food is also casein free. They sell pre-made meals and have a small place for dining there.

Flasaltwater Apprentice

There is a 100% Gluten free Bakery called the Bald Strawberry in Cape Canaveral Florida that makes Gluten free Sandwich's and Pizza's. Yum!!! They even make a breakfast Pizza. I had the Ruben omg was it good, I was in heaven. This would also be good information for anyone cruising into Port Canaveral where the ships doc its not really far from there.

love2travel Mentor

We have nothing even remotely similar where I live. I have never seen a dedicated gluten-free restaurant outside of Europe although I know of them as I have read about them (would have to travel hundreds of miles). I'm sort of jealous of those who have access to bakeries especially! :o

domesticactivist Collaborator

In Portland, oregon the Corbett fish house and Hawthorne fish house come to mind. There are others as well a bakeries and food carts. However, I am not well versed since we don't eat other grains and only rarely ate out at all in the first place.

shadowicewolf Proficient

We have nothing even remotely similar where I live. I have never seen a dedicated gluten-free restaurant outside of Europe although I know of them as I have read about them (would have to travel hundreds of miles). I'm sort of jealous of those who have access to bakeries especially! :o

Same :( i wish there was something.

pshifrin Apprentice

Sherry Lynns's Bakery and Cafe in Latham, NY (just outside of Albany) Open Original Shared Link It's a full service 100% gluten-free restuarant, check out their menu! I am very fortunate that because of my job I am able to eat there 2x a week May - August. Going through quite the withdrawal right now.

Tulu's Bakery 11th St & 1st Ave in NYC. Also completely gluten-free, they have the best cupcakes ever. They do some small sandwiches too.

love2travel Mentor

Same :( i wish there was something.

Even if I did not go to a gluten-free place often just the thought of having an option would be so comforting and reassuring! Maybe some day...sigh...

Coolclimates Collaborator

Posana Cafe in Asheville, NC

and

Rose's Wheat Free Bakery in Evanston, IL

100% gluten free facility and food!

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Wow! I had no idea there were so many 100% gluten-free restaurants in the US. I'm making a list and planing for my next road trip. :) I live in a city that borders with several other largeish cities. we have plenty of restaurants with gluten-free menus and a small gluten-free selection in most stores but to my knowledge there are no 100% gluten-free restaurants here. :(

Gfreeatx Apprentice

The Little Aussie Bakery and Restaurant in San Antonio! :)

kareng Grand Master

We should rent a tour bus (one with a good bathroom) and try them all!

love2travel Mentor

We should rent a tour bus (one with a good bathroom) and try them all!

:lol::lol::lol:

Coleslawcat Contributor

Gluten Free Creations in Scottsdale, AZ. They have 2 locations. The Phoenix location is a bakery only. The Scottsdale location has a small restaurant where they serve sandwiches/salads etc as well as sell their bakery goods.

*Daniella* Apprentice

Island Gluten Free Bakery in Sarasota FL. They have a sign posted saying no outside food allowed. They make subs, pizza, cakes, pies, pot pies, brownies etc...So good! Another gluten free place is Viitals in Tampa FL.

sariesue Explorer

cafe cogolulu is gluten free in Wilton CT. The food is pretty good.

Takala Enthusiast

I believe there is one in Davis CA. It was listed in one of the Living Without magazines about bay area dining.

Yup! Farmer's Kitchen. Very good food, but not real fast service, but that is okay. Adjacent to gluten free bakery.

Mariposa Bakery in Oakland, CA has a few sit down seats and you can get a bagel and coffee or pizza slice there at lunch.

Anza Bakery in Cameron Park, east of Folsom, CA also has some tables and you can get coffee with your treat and they also have a few lunch items, besides the gluten free, vegan everything baked goods. Cinnamon buns to die for, waffles, breads.

Avatars (Indian fusion) in the Bay Area is also gluten free. Little place in a Sausalito shopping center, BIG creativity with the menu.

7 Sisters pizza in Sacramento (Citrus Heights, I think) is all gluten free.

While not "completely" gluten free, there is a sushi place up in Lake Tahoe area in Truckee called Drunken Monkey that has a gluten free menu and it is really good. The same with Mati's Indian food in midtown Sacramento, all the stuff on the buffet is gluten free, but they do serve naan on the side by request, which is not, so you skip that part.

luvs2eat Collaborator

New Cascadia bakery in Portland, OR ... the best cupcakes EVER. There's also a food cart w/ another location on the street called The Whole Bowl... YUM!!!

Lovin' Life Newbie

The Little Aussie Bakery and Cafe in San Antonio, TX. I eat there all the time! I even had to live outside of Texas for about a year and was worried about getting some good food, but THEY SHIP!! Oh and they are so great about multiple allergies, and the staff are super knowledgeable! If you're lucky, you'll be able to catch the owner/baker who is so passionate about what she does and seems to know everything about food allergies that there is to know. I know for sure that their bread is gluten free (obviously) as well as corn, nut, dairy, casein, lactose, egg, and soy free. It is so nice not to have to ask questions and feel safe about what you're eating...

Archived