35 replies to this topic

#16 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

Wow! I had no idea there were so many 100% gluten-free restaurants in the US. I'm making a list and planing for my next road trip. :) I live in a city that borders with several other largeish cities. we have plenty of restaurants with gluten-free menus and a small gluten-free selection in most stores but to my knowledge there are no 100% gluten-free restaurants here. :(
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Gfreeatx

Gfreeatx

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

The Little Aussie Bakery and Restaurant in San Antonio! :)

http://www.thelittleaussiebakery.com/

#18 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,629 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

We should rent a tour bus (one with a good bathroom) and try them all!

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#19 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

We should rent a tour bus (one with a good bathroom) and try them all!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#20 Coleslawcat

Coleslawcat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

Gluten Free Creations in Scottsdale, AZ. They have 2 locations. The Phoenix location is a bakery only. The Scottsdale location has a small restaurant where they serve sandwiches/salads etc as well as sell their bakery goods.

#21 *Daniella*

*Daniella*

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Island Gluten Free Bakery in Sarasota FL. They have a sign posted saying no outside food allowed. They make subs, pizza, cakes, pies, pot pies, brownies etc...So good! Another gluten free place is Viitals in Tampa FL.
Diagnosed 10/20/08
Positive Bloodwork and Biopsy

#22 sariesue

sariesue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

cafe cogolulu is gluten free in Wilton CT. The food is pretty good.

http://www.cafecogolulu.com/

#23 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

I believe there is one in Davis CA. It was listed in one of the Living Without magazines about bay area dining.

Yup! Farmer's Kitchen. Very good food, but not real fast service, but that is okay. Adjacent to gluten free bakery.

Mariposa Bakery in Oakland, CA has a few sit down seats and you can get a bagel and coffee or pizza slice there at lunch.

Anza Bakery in Cameron Park, east of Folsom, CA also has some tables and you can get coffee with your treat and they also have a few lunch items, besides the gluten free, vegan everything baked goods. Cinnamon buns to die for, waffles, breads.

Avatars (Indian fusion) in the Bay Area is also gluten free. Little place in a Sausalito shopping center, BIG creativity with the menu.

7 Sisters pizza in Sacramento (Citrus Heights, I think) is all gluten free.

While not "completely" gluten free, there is a sushi place up in Lake Tahoe area in Truckee called Drunken Monkey that has a gluten free menu and it is really good. The same with Mati's Indian food in midtown Sacramento, all the stuff on the buffet is gluten free, but they do serve naan on the side by request, which is not, so you skip that part.

#24 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

New Cascadia bakery in Portland, OR ... the best cupcakes EVER. There's also a food cart w/ another location on the street called The Whole Bowl... YUM!!!
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

#25 Lovin' Life

Lovin' Life

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

The Little Aussie Bakery and Cafe in San Antonio, TX. I eat there all the time! I even had to live outside of Texas for about a year and was worried about getting some good food, but THEY SHIP!! Oh and they are so great about multiple allergies, and the staff are super knowledgeable! If you're lucky, you'll be able to catch the owner/baker who is so passionate about what she does and seems to know everything about food allergies that there is to know. I know for sure that their bread is gluten free (obviously) as well as corn, nut, dairy, casein, lactose, egg, and soy free. It is so nice not to have to ask questions and feel safe about what you're eating...

#26 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

We been to a couple here and I have to admit, I actually got tears in my eyes to see how thrilled my 6 year old was to be able to pick out anything he wanted. It was so nice not to have to conduct a lengthy interview with the waitress.

In Randolph, MA (15 minutes from Boston) is All Can Eat - a bakery that serves breakfast, and lunch and sells pre-made goods.

And Idgy's on Cape Cod (Dennis? Yarmouth? not sure). This place was wonderful. We at there (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) several times while vacationing on the Cape.

Wish there was an option or two right in Boston . . . maybe soon.

Cara

#27 Coleva

Coleva

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

Pica Pica Maize Kitchen in San Fransisco is entirely gluten-free, and also pretty amazing.

#28 blabberbutter

blabberbutter

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

Crave Bake Shop in Lake Oswego, Oregon is completely gluten-free, and so delicious. Their cinnamon rolls are amazing, my gluten eating boyfriend prefers them over anything else.

Also the little restaurant and food cart The Whole Bowl is also gluten-free and scrumptious. That's in Portland though.

#29 Kate79

Kate79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

There's a few in the Chicago area:

Sweet Ali's Bakery in Hinsdale is completely gluten free and delicious - they did the cupcakes for my wedding recently and even the gluten-eaters loved them. They've also got really good cinnamon rolls!!

DaLuciano's restaurant in River Grove, IL - it's not completely gluten free, but they've got an enormous gluten free menu and a completely separate kitchen where the gluten-free items are made. Four of the restaurant owner's kids have celiac disease.

Fatoush in Chicago - A Lebanese restaurant that's completely gluten free except that they carry regular pita and baklava that are made off-site. The restaurant owner has an anaphylactic (sp?) reaction to gluten.

#30 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

Posana Cafe in Asheville, NC.

Our server told us all menu items were gluten-free when we were there in August 2011.

http://www.posanacafe.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: