57 replies to this topic

#16 come dance with me

come dance with me

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

We are vegan but I'll put what we have up when I have more time. Have to type then run at the moment :(
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

We are vegan but I'll put what we have up when I have more time. Have to type then run at the moment :(

Vegan works too:), especially right now since we can't have eggs and very limited dairy...

#18 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

Cottage Pie:

2 tin of lentils
1 grated carrot
1 diced capsicum
1 grated zucchini
1/2 diced onion
4 mushroom sliced

Put potatoes on the stove to boil for mashing then in a bowl mix all of the above ingredients then transfer to a baking dish. When potato is cooked, mash then spread over the top of the other vegetables and put it all in the oven until it looks ready.

That one is a hit with my daughter which means we have it fairly often.

Also you can make patties with lentils uing a little rice bran oil and gluten free cornflour to hold it together then put that with other veges like we sometime have it with mash potato, pumpkin, and sweet potato, boiled corn on the cob, steamed carrot and broccoli, and some steamed pinach.

**That's 2 anyway sorry. I'm a sole parent with 37 hours a week of work so really busy. I feel like a snob about now but really it's only that I'm busy not snobby :(
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#19 Kelleybean

Kelleybean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hi -

Can you do beans? We make bean patties a lot - very cheap and easy. The 5 minute mac and cheese from the Spunky Coconut website (it's dairy free - she uses cashews as the base). If you need a quick meal, Amy's has a couple of vegetarian gluten-free options. I also do eggplant parmesan. For the bread crumbs I just run the heels of my gluten-free bread in the blender.

#20 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:54 AM

Cottage Pie:

2 tin of lentils
1 grated carrot
1 diced capsicum
1 grated zucchini
1/2 diced onion
4 mushroom sliced

Put potatoes on the stove to boil for mashing then in a bowl mix all of the above ingredients then transfer to a baking dish. When potato is cooked, mash then spread over the top of the other vegetables and put it all in the oven until it looks ready.

That one is a hit with my daughter which means we have it fairly often.

Also you can make patties with lentils uing a little rice bran oil and gluten free cornflour to hold it together then put that with other veges like we sometime have it with mash potato, pumpkin, and sweet potato, boiled corn on the cob, steamed carrot and broccoli, and some steamed pinach.

**That's 2 anyway sorry. I'm a sole parent with 37 hours a week of work so really busy. I feel like a snob about now but really it's only that I'm busy not snobby :(

Not snobby at all, I remember busy from when I was working. Thank you for the recipes.

#21 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

Hi -

Can you do beans? We make bean patties a lot - very cheap and easy. The 5 minute mac and cheese from the Spunky Coconut website (it's dairy free - she uses cashews as the base). If you need a quick meal, Amy's has a couple of vegetarian gluten-free options. I also do eggplant parmesan. For the bread crumbs I just run the heels of my gluten-free bread in the blender.

I actually need to try beans, I never liked them growing up but since tastes change so much over the years I will be trying them again. The mac n cheese recipe sounds really good, I'm going to have to try that.

#22 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

Tonight will be:

-butternut squash soup
-roasted red potatoes
-zucchini tomato frittata with rosemary

You can tell the temperature just dropped 10 degrees! And squash (happily, just in time) appears to have come into season.

#23 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Tonight will be:

-butternut squash soup
-roasted red potatoes
-zucchini tomato frittata with rosemary

You can tell the temperature just dropped 10 degrees! And squash (happily, just in time) appears to have come into season.

That sounds delicious! It has Autumn written all over it. There is something about Autumn foods that is so comforting. That frittata sounds really good, too. I need to make more of those! The last one was asparagus I think.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#24 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

I was GOING to have Simona's Challah Bread yesterday but was too busy canning. So, I made it today (delicious) to have with leftover Vichyssoise soup. Simple but good. Tomorrow will be a touch more elaborate. :D
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#25 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Soft polenta with summer corn, basil and asiago cheese topped by sauteed garlic beet greens.

Went to the farmers' market today and came back with an armful of beets & their greens - yum!

#26 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

It's raining today and that fall chill is in the air so I had to make some soup.

http://www.food.com/...uash-soup-38904
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#27 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Tonight I'm making carrot fries...baby carrots cut into fourths and coated with olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Baked at 425 for 15-20 min.

#28 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

Yesterday was a banana for breakfast, lasagna for lunch and a small salad for dinner.

#29 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

Yesterday was a banana for breakfast, lasagna for lunch and a small salad for dinner.

Gluten-free lasagna? Did you use gluten-free noodles? If so, what brand do you like? Seems like the gluten-free pasta gets so gummy, it'd be hard to make a decent lasagna. But I'd love to!

This is a delicious gluten-free, veg lasagna that I've enjoyed:

http://noteatingouti...e-pasta-sheets/

#30 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

Gluten-free lasagna? Did you use gluten-free noodles? If so, what brand do you like? Seems like the gluten-free pasta gets so gummy, it'd be hard to make a decent lasagna. But I'd love to!

This is a delicious gluten-free, veg lasagna that I've enjoyed:

http://noteatingouti...e-pasta-sheets/

That recipe looks yummy!

Anyway I used the Tinkyada brown rice lasagna noodles except that I didn't cook them before I made the lasagna, it didn't get gummy that way. Just make sure that the sauce that you use covers the noodles so that they are able to cook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: