#46 lucia

lucia

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

That recipe looks yummy!

Anyway I used the Tinkyada brown rice lasagna noodles except that I didn't cook them before I made the lasagna, it didn't get gummy that way. Just make sure that the sauce that you use covers the noodles so that they are able to cook.

Hi Alex,

I came across the Tinkyada brown rice lasagna noodles last week and made a vegetable lasagna with them last night. It was delicious!

I didn't follow your advice to use the noodles without cooking ahead of time, although I didn't boil them as much as the box called for. It was still really good, but the noodles were a bit soft. Next time I won't cook them in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

black rice??

I get black rice in Chinatown. I think it's Thai. I've seen it at Trader Joe's too.

It's very hearty, almost nutty. I was inspired to include it in the meal after seeing Skylark's tribute to all the different kinds of rice available to us.

#48 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hi Alex,

I came across the Tinkyada brown rice lasagna noodles last week and made a vegetable lasagna with them last night. It was delicious!

I didn't follow your advice to use the noodles without cooking ahead of time, although I didn't boil them as much as the box called for. It was still really good, but the noodles were a bit soft. Next time I won't cook them in advance.

I'm glad that it worked for you:)

#49 MerrillC1977

MerrillC1977

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:44 AM

I get black rice in Chinatown. I think it's Thai. I've seen it at Trader Joe's too.

It's very hearty, almost nutty. I was inspired to include it in the meal after seeing Skylark's tribute to all the different kinds of rice available to us.

Some places also call it "Forbidden Rice." - same thing. :) And yes, its nutty and smells like popcorn while it's cooking (really!).

#50 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

Went apple-picking this weekend, hence:

-sauteed apples with brussel sprouts and sage topped by grated parmesan
-roasted carrots with pine nuts
-quinoa

(Also, thought I'd revive this thread : )

#51 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

Chickpea Broccoli Casserole is on the menu tonight :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#52 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Baked crispy onion rings are a treat, not to mention vegetarian! Yummy. I have a craving for them at this moment so think I will make some (though I just ate dinner).
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#53 NZ Gluten Free Chick

NZ Gluten Free Chick

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

I made a yummy vege pasta last night with eggplant, courgettes, capsicum, onion, garlic and a can of diced tomatoes.
Very simple but yum :)

#54 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

tonight we have people over so the menu will be:

Pumpkin and lentil soup
1 whole pumpkin
1 tin of lentils
Fresh chives
salt/pepper to taste

It's in the slow cooker now but I'll put the stick blender through it before we serve.

Pasta
Orgran brand spiral pasta
2 cans coconut cream
Pumpkin
garlic
sweet potato
onion
capsicum
silverbeet
carrot
snow peas
beans

All finely diced with the pumpkin, sweet potato, and carrot roasted and the capsicum, silverbeet, snow peas, beans, and onion fried. In the pot pour the 2 cans of coconut cream with the garlic then a other veges once they are cooked.

In another pot boil the pasta. Once cooked, add it all together then serve immediately!

For dessert we'll have Orgran brand of chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries and bananas.
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#55 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

tonight we have people over so the menu will be:

Pumpkin and lentil soup
1 whole pumpkin
1 tin of lentils
Fresh chives
salt/pepper to taste

It's in the slow cooker now but I'll put the stick blender through it before we serve.

Pasta
Orgran brand spiral pasta
2 cans coconut cream
Pumpkin
garlic
sweet potato
onion
capsicum
silverbeet
carrot
snow peas
beans

All finely diced with the pumpkin, sweet potato, and carrot roasted and the capsicum, silverbeet, snow peas, beans, and onion fried. In the pot pour the 2 cans of coconut cream with the garlic then a other veges once they are cooked.

In another pot boil the pasta. Once cooked, add it all together then serve immediately!

For dessert we'll have Orgran brand of chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries and bananas.

Sounds delicious ... I envy your guests. Think I might steal your pumpkin/lentils soup idea!

#56 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

We had Egyptian lentils and rice: http://www.food.com/...-lentils-134402
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#57 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Isn't the black rice wonderful? B)

I made chana dal the other day with a masala I found at a local Indian store that was naturally gluten-free. Good stuff!

#58 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Does anyone have a really good basic veggie burger recipe ??? Preferably one using beans/lentils and rice.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: