2 replies to this topic

#1 mkhoobyar

mkhoobyar

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

I called the manufacturers of Xantac and Dulcolax. They say that none of their Xantac products are certified gluten-free. Bad news. :( They did tell me, however that the Dulcolax products (both tablet and gel-cap) are gluten free!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

Just because they don't test for gluten, doesn't mean they put any gluten ingredients in the product. There is a difference.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 Roda

Roda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

I have taken Zantac and been fine. Usually the best statement you will get from drug manufacturers is yes there are gluten ingredients in the drug or that there are no gluten containing ingredients in the product but they don't guarantee that somewhere (suppliers) that there isn't possible cross contamination.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: