21 replies to this topic

#16 jenni

jenni

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 05:57 PM

Here is my favorite recipe from Lynn Rae's book so far. It has a flavor to it but if you want it plain I'm sure just omitting the onion flakes would be fine.
Cheddar and Onion Bread

3/4 c. eggs ( 4 lg. eggs minus 1 yolk)
1 cup bottled water
1 tsp. cider vinegar
2 T. veg. oil
2 T. honey
Place above ingred. in bread maker.
Add:
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 c tapioca starch flour
1/2. cornstarch
3/4 cup quinoa flour (the first time I made this bread I couldn't find the flour so I ground up quinoa flakes in my coffee grinder,I have since found the flour.)
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup dry milk powder
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp instant onion flakes ( it called for two but I like just one)
2 1/2 tsp yeast
Add in 1 cup grated sharp cheese.
Set your machine for 1 1/2 lb loaf.
When finished baking cool on a wire rack until cool. I wait a full hour. Then I slice and eat what I want. The remaining bread I slice and freeze. I put waxed paper between the slices. Then I wrap the pile in a piece of foil and then put in a freezer baggie.
I hope you like it as much as I did!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 jenni

jenni

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 06:23 PM

I just typed out the whole recipe but I don't see it on here! It took me forever because I don't type...did it get lost in cyberspace?? AAHHH!!

#18 pfarrell

pfarrell

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 12:08 PM

jenni
thank you so much for the recipe i will try it but i dont know if my nephew will like it with the onion in it
again thank you
pat

#19 jenni

jenni

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 11:12 AM

Here is my favorite recipe from Lynn Rae's book so far. It has a flavor to it but if you want it plain I'm sure just omitting the onion flakes would be fine.
Cheddar and Onion Bread

3/4 c. eggs ( 4 lg. eggs minus 1 yolk)
1 cup bottled water
1 tsp. cider vinegar
2 T. veg. oil
2 T. honey
Place above ingred. in bread maker.
Add:
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 c tapioca starch flour
1/2. cornstarch
3/4 cup quinoa flour (the first time I made this bread I couldn't find the flour so I ground up quinoa flakes in my coffee grinder,I have since found the flour.)
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup dry milk powder
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp instant onion flakes ( it called for two but I like just one)
2 1/2 tsp yeast
Add in 1 cup grated sharp cheese.
Set your machine for 1 1/2 lb loaf.
When finished baking cool on a wire rack until cool. I wait a full hour. Then I slice and eat what I want. The remaining bread I slice and freeze. I put waxed paper between the slices. Then I wrap the pile in a piece of foil and then put in a freezer baggie.
I hope you like it as much as I did!!

#20 Jo Ann

Jo Ann

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 11:58 AM

Jenni,
Is there a recipe for plain, white bread? Don't think my grandson would enjoy cheese bread. Can leave out the onion flakes, but wonder if the omission of cheese wouldn't affect the bread. Ries' book is not available in our library and don't want to order it unless we can use the recipes. Also, what kind of bread machine to you have? I've been afraid to buy one since so many have said they didn't have good luck with them. Would appreciate your help. Jo Ann (bobjo.3@juno.com)

#21 GFdoc

GFdoc

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 10:47 AM

Joann - try my recipe for challah bread (under Kosher and gluten-free, in this same recipe forum). The bread is very soft and good for sandwiches - it's not too hard to make and very good (if I can brag a little!) Also it is dairy free! by the way - I don't use a bread machine...just the old fashioned way. Sara
Sara gluten-free since 9/03

#22 raspberryjam

raspberryjam

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 07:59 AM

Hello, everyone. This is my first time on the site, but for sure I'll be a regular visitor from now on. My husband was diagnosed about a month ago and I have tried a number of breads (home made). The best so far was the sourdough in Bette Hagman's cookbook. My problem is that all the breads I've baked seem to rise okay, but when I take them out of the oven they fall in the middle. When I slice the bread it looks like there is a big "v" in the top of the slice. I figure I'm doing something wrong in the "rising" stage, but don't know what it is. Can anyone help? Oh, and those of you who make rolls........which bread recipes are best, and do you just drop large dollops of batter on a baking sheet? I probably need a recipe specifically for rolls, is that right? Thanks a million. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: