Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cinnimon Rolls?

22 posts in this topic

Grandmother is making them at the moment and i'd thought i'd bug you guys for a good recipe. :)

Ads by Google:

Funny you ask. I bought some Udi's yesterday. So far that's my recipe.

I know someone here has one. Google gluten free cinnamon rolls recipe and I'm sure you'll find several.

I think I saw a box mix yesterday - one of those where you can make 5+ things with it. I'll think about it and see if I can figure it out.

thank you... :)

I wanna try to figure out a good recipe by christmas (tradition to eat cinnimon rolls that morning :)). It doesn't help that i'm smelling the glutenny version right now.

thank you... :)

I wanna try to figure out a good recipe by christmas (tradition to eat cinnimon rolls that morning :)). It doesn't help that i'm smelling the glutenny version right now.

That sucks.

I'd leave. Seriously. Go to a natural market and see if they have a substitute pronto!!!

there's a cinnamon roll recipe in the Bruce Fife's cooking with coconut flour book. I haven't tried that one yet, mostly because I'm lazy, but all the other recipes that I have tried from that book are awesome :)

i bought the Udi's the other week, ate one and tossed the rest out

i found it not worth the calories...

i bought the Udi's the other week, ate one and tossed the rest out

i found it not worth the calories...

Oh shoot, don't tell me that! I'm saving them for the weekend so we can all try one!

Tried donuts - Kinnikinnick (sp) wasn't horrible but Glutino is awful.

Oh shoot, don't tell me that! I'm saving them for the weekend so we can all try one!

Tried donuts - Kinnikinnick (sp) wasn't horrible but Glutino is awful.

Part of the reason why i wanna try to make them homemade :)

Though i might splerge and buy some premade icing for them (my previous attempts at homemade icing did not work well at all).

Homemade icing for cinnamon rolls is the EASIEST.

Just mix gluten-free vanilla (tsp), sugar of your choice (I use powdered) and milk or water to achieve the right texture. Very EASY.

I used to make cinnamon rolls, but haven't for years. Don't even have the recipe anymore. Hmmm....

Some people use lemon juice in cinnamon roll frosting. I use it on King Cakes and like it.

Funny you ask. I bought some Udi's yesterday. So far that's my recipe.

I know someone here has one. Google gluten free cinnamon rolls recipe and I'm sure you'll find several.

I think I saw a box mix yesterday - one of those where you can make 5+ things with it. I'll think about it and see if I can figure it out.

We do the same thing. My mom tries very hard to find me something good to eat...she's even gone out and researched ways to make things taste yummy so I really appreciate her work. I also don't think it's right to tell them not eat a tradition that has happened for 30 years because that's not fair them to them either. However I would DIE for a cinnamon roll on Christmas morning...I'm looking forward to someone finding a recipe.

This is my favorite recipe. I use Pamela's bread flour mix instead of regular flour. I use a stand mixer and no joke, they take about 5 minutes to prepare!! My hub says they're the best he's ever had and he normally doesn't like gluten-free baked goods.

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/fastest-cinnamon-buns.aspx

This is my favorite recipe. I use Pamela's bread flour mix instead of regular flour. I use a stand mixer and no joke, they take about 5 minutes to prepare!! My hub says they're the best he's ever had and he normally doesn't like gluten-free baked goods.

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/fastest-cinnamon-

buns.aspx

Those look too good and sound too easy not to try. Yum.

oh dear... I'm not good with oz of stuffs :< Any idea what that would be in cups?

It does look heavenly though.

oh dear... I'm not good with oz of stuffs :< Any idea what that would be in cups?

It does look heavenly though.

Next to anything that says 'oz' it lists the equivilant in cups, tsp or TBS :)

Search for an online measurement converter. They are free and they work.

oh god, i must be blind not to see that :blink: tells you how tired i am

Actually . . . I really like the looks of the one that Rachelle linked to . . . but here is another option that is a hit at our house.

I use the Pamela's wheatfree/glutefree bread mix and mix it up as the sweet bread version (directions are on the package). Then I mix about 1/2 cup sugar with a Tbls or so of cinnamon (or whatever looks good to you) and fold it into the dough/batter so that it's swirly and not thoroughly mixed. Spoon it into muffin tins and let rise and cook like you were making the dinner rolls (directions on the package). Top with the glaze that one of the previous posters mentioned. They freeze well (unglazed) . . . just defrost/heat in the microwave.

I use to do a whole procedure of rolling them out like a true cinnimon roll but it's quite messy and time consuming and my kids don't care because these taste the same.

Ok. Tried the Udi's cinnamon rolls.

If you like gooey rolls with lots of filling they aren't for you. I was pleasantly surprised by the texture and flavor - but they are dry. They don't "fill" them at all.

Microwave them to heat them, don't use an oven. I'd even suggest a damp paper towel over the top.

I make these every Christmas (and Easter and Mother's Day and, and, and). I make them Christmas Eve (late afternoon) and then just leave dough in fridge until Christmas morning. Bake while opening presents. They are fabulous and really easy once you get past the detailed instructions!

INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons butter (or shortening)

1/4 cup sugar

2/3 cup of warm milk

1 tablespoon yeast

1 egg

1/4 cup canola oil

1/2 cup potato starch

1 cup corn starch or tapioca starch

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

2 1/2 teaspoons xantham gum

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 - 2 tablespoons sugar (to sprinkle on wrap when rolling out dough)

FILLING

Although I have not tried this yet, I was thinking of making a batch of homemade bread dough, dropping spoonfuls of it into a bowl of cinnamon/sugar and rolling them around to completely coat, then piling all of the balls into the loaf pan and baking as usual. Kind of like monkey bread, could be pulled apart or sliced. Could be that it would be better to dunk each ball of dough in melted butter before rolling in the sugar/cinnamon to make it more gooey.