3 replies to this topic

#1 glutenisevil

glutenisevil

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

I'm in disney world and am very pleased by my disney resort, magic kingdom, and hollywood studios. They all have wonderful gluten free options and the chef speaks to you personally and doesn't let anyone else touch your food. These places are all disney owned resturants that did so well. However, I ate in downtown disney our first day here and got sick! The places in downtown are NOT disney owned and the chef neglected to tell me that the ribs are smoked in barley, he only mentioned that the bbq sause was gluten-free. I found out on my own after double checking because the rainforest cafe said the ribs are a no go and they are made the same way. So be sure anyplace you eat is owned by disney because if not cc is a big concern. Yak and yeti and rainforest cafe in animal kingdon are off limits as well as world showcase in epcot and anyplace in downtown disney.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 smc

smc

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

I'm in disney world and am very pleased by my disney resort, magic kingdom, and hollywood studios. They all have wonderful gluten free options and the chef speaks to you personally and doesn't let anyone else touch your food. These places are all disney owned resturants that did so well. However, I ate in downtown disney our first day here and got sick! The places in downtown are NOT disney owned and the chef neglected to tell me that the ribs are smoked in barley, he only mentioned that the bbq sause was gluten-free. I found out on my own after double checking because the rainforest cafe said the ribs are a no go and they are made the same way. So be sure anyplace you eat is owned by disney because if not cc is a big concern. Yak and yeti and rainforest cafe in animal kingdon are off limits as well as world showcase in epcot and anyplace in downtown disney.

Sorry you got sick on vacation. TREX is not owned by Dinsey but Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney is. I have eaten there 3 times as a celiac with great results. I have also -being the Disney freak i am- have eaten at every resturant in the world showcase at Epcot with the exception of japan as a celiac . All those places in Epcot will accomodate you and the chefs will come out and take care of you just like at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Did you contact special guest services before your trip? All the hotels will accommodate you as well . I had a great time at Chef Mickeys on our last trip in March when I got back from the buffet the chef brought me a special gluten free warm chocolate cupcake with mickey sprinkles ...yum

#3 Roda

Roda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

If you can not tolerate Bobs Red Mill products don't eat at BabyCakes in Downtown Disney. It is a gluten free bakery but they use BRM flours/meals. I have to say there stuff was good though, but the after effects wern't.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#4 glutenisevil

glutenisevil

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

I will have to try planet hollywood before we leave! The hubby has been dying to eat there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: