Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Should We Be Normal

1 post in this topic

The last time I went out for a meal was about 3 weeks ago and it was lovely. My sons 9th birthday at his favourite chinese/malay which is just the most lovely place and he is a fan of san choy bow and communal eating. Family and fun. For me rice & Indonesian/Malaysian was for years and years the best and yummiest.

At 37y/o I worked for a bakery for 9 months and, after a 1/2 lifetime of avoiding breakfast and hating pasta, sandwiches and roast dinners, I figured out I had a problem with flour 'floating'. I went back to work a bit sick and day one back was well... sick, really sick.

I'm a single mum and the handling of bread is an ongoing and ever changing learning curve. It takes time and I have a long way to go. I hope to start inviting my friends and family over for dinner again soon as I've discovered that fresh food that needs chopping minus all the muck is actually really good. They'll get use to it.

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Positive Biopsy, Negative Blood Tests
      What?  Be sure that next endoscopy tests you for lymphoma (cancer) as well!   Seriously.  You need to do some research as your knowledge of celiac disease is lacking.  Did you fail the entire celiac panel?  Or did your doctor/insurance save cash and just order the very good (but does not catch all celiacs) TTG IgA?  You have a family history, a positive biopsy, what more do you need?  You do realize that this is not about just giving up gluten, don't you?  We just had a member join this year who was told years ago that her tests were "inconclusive" and that she now has suffered with lymphoma (cancer)? Ugh!   Endoscopy in 10 years?  Who would even wait 10 years?  This isn't colon cancer and polyps!   Are you talking about a colonoscopy?  Are you even sure you had an endoscopy?   Be sure you have your bones checked too.....and forget the breath.  You might not have any teeth and implants will be out since your bones will be compromised. Sorry, if I come on strong, but when I was diagnosed I had no tummy issues.  A few months later, my bones began breaking.  I was undiagnosed for a long time because of neglect not stupidity.  So, I urge you to research this disease more!  Hopefully you'll ward on another autoimmune disorder by remaining gluten free.  Find what celiac blood tests were actually taken!  Even if you do not think you have celiac disease, something has caused villi damage!   Good luck!  
    • Really, Really Foul Breath Post-glutening?
      In addition to eating gluten-free, I attribute the following to knocking out my bad breath once and for all: 1. SmartMouth Activated Mouthwash (this is what really did it for me!) 2. Flonase Nasal Spray 3. Dr. Tung's Tongue Scraper 4. The obviously brushing and flossing twice daily (goes without saying).    
    • Positive Biopsy, Negative Blood Tests
      I went in for an endoscopy to find out if something from my stomach/intestine was causing my bad breath.  A biopsy during that procedure revealed that I had Celiac.  I thought it was strange since I ate pizza, pasta, and other bread/gluten items almost every day without issue, so I decided to confirm the biopsy result with a blood test. I took the blood test twice (once on a high- and once on a low-gluten diet) and it came back negative both times.  I just assumed someone at the earlier biopsy lab must have messed up my analysis or accidently mistaken someone else's biopsy for mine, but after reading this thread it seems like my initial biopsy might have been correct all along. My doctor suggested doing another endoscopy, but I didn't want to foot the bill for that.  Also, my older brother has Celiac which was confirmed by both a biopsy and blood test. Eating less gluten did seem to help a little with my bad breath, but SmartMouth Activated Mouthwash along with Flonase nasal spray and a Dr. Tung's tongue scrapper really did the trick to solve the bad breath issue. I'm just assuming I have Celiac and eating "gluten conscious" until my next endoscopy in about 10 years. If that biopsy comes back positive again, then I'll be strictly gluten-free.  I'm just glad I don't have many symptoms.      
    • Anxiously waiting
      You might ask your doctor if they have a standby/wait list Kal.  Some do that and then they can fit in people if there are cancellations or no-shows.
    • Question on posting
      So we have a rule here against self promotion, however please send me the link and I will have a look at it.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Roemill