No replies to this topic

#1 Preston'sMom

Preston'sMom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:48 PM

I'm new here. I have two young sons with celiac disease. My 5 year old was very sick and still has lots of problems bloating & other sensitivities. I worry about him so much. Is there anyone out there who knows about carbohydrate or disaccharide intolerance with celiac disease? Preston (my son) has been gluten-free for approx. 8 months now. I never feed him sugar or milk products and very little gluten-free grains, such as rice and corn--they all seem to give him trouble. He also has food allergies to tree nuts, possibly soy, probably eggs. I'm so confused sometimes. It seems like the options for his diet just keep getting smaller. I feed him fruits, vegetables and meat. Sometimes lentils, split peas. I don't know what to do. Is this normal? Will his intestine heal? Even with beverages, he drinks mostly only water. Occasionally I give him a little juice or rice milk--but only rarely, just because he's so bored with water. I 'm sorry my post isn't organized better, but I'm just so concerned. He's bloated almost every evening and occasionally goes through what he calls "squirts" with diarrhea and it's mind-boggling to know why. I'm so careful with his diet. We keep a log. It just doesnt make sense. Thanks for reading. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks again.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: