This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chicken & Rice Soup

Hearts

Hearts Apprentice

I've been looking at soups lately that I can use for a quick meal for my son. I found Rienzi Chicken and Rice Soup... did a search and couldn't confirm it's Ok. Here are the ingredients.. Chicken broth, chicken meat, rice, celery, carrots, tomatoes, modified corn starch. potatoes, chicken fat, salt, msg (I know but I need some off the shelf soups to get me through the school year!), natural chicken flavoring ( hydrolzed soy protein, yeast extract, salt , sugar, natural flavor, chicken fat, chicken meat, turmeric,) dehydrated onion , dehydrated garlic dehydrated parsley, sugar natural flavor beta carotene. Your thoughts.. Any favorite soups that might appeal to a 9 yr.old? Thanks for any and all of your help.

Christy

son Chris dx 1/05 with Diabetes, Celiac and hypothyroid. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

First, natural flavoring can have it.

Second, I am not sure about chicken broth but I know some people add things we can't have to the broth.

Amy's makes soups that will say gluten free on them if they are.

Shelton's has some good chicken rice soups and other kinds as well that will aso put gluten free on the label too.

Hearts Apprentice

:) Thanks Katie,

I have seen Amy's but I will look for Sheltons.

Christy

psawyer Proficient

Campbell's Chicken & Rice is (red & white can) is gluten free. I quite like it myself.

tarnalberry Community Regular

Also, making chicken-rice soup from scratch doesn't have to be hard - if you've got 15 minutes to chop up the vegetables and chicken, and 30 minutes to let it simmer unattended, you can do it at home in a large pot and have leftovers for quite a while. (I know, 15 minutes uninterrupted in the kitchen isn't always possible, but if there are times it is, this could be an option.)

grantschoep Contributor

Ah, no worries for Chicken and Rice soup, thats easy...

Progresso's Chicken and Wild Rice is gluten-free. Figure they probably have this in every grocery store around.

• 5 years later...
biblejtmzm Newbie

Campbell's Chicken & Rice is (red & white can) is gluten free. I quite like it myself.

Campbell's Chicken and Rice Soup (Red and White label) is not gluten free. Check the list here: Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Campbell's Chicken and Rice Soup (Red and White label) is not gluten free. Check the list here: Open Original Shared Link

This thread is from 2005--things may have changed since then. Also, the Canadian gluten-free list from Campbells is different than the US and psawyer (as per his signature) is in Canada.

Thanks for the updated list :)

Archived