16 replies to this topic

#1 cougie23

cougie23

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Twinkle star and I both have tried to message each other and it won't go through...why? I went through the right procedger...and got a" message sent "pop up, but she never got it! she sent me one...and I didn't get that either!
when Richard sent me a message last week It worked fine...we sent several messages! NOW..nothing!? Is it a tecnical problem maybe?
Originaly when we FRENDED each other there was a line under our info stating that we were unable to participate...which wasn't the case. we both had that...so we comunicated via comment box...but that keeps cutting us off before we run out of letters...equaly fustrating...at least we know its not personal..but messaging would be easier...and a little more PRIVET!!!can someone check into that please,we would apreciate that very much! :D
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Cougie, I sent you a private msg. I clicked on you cute kitty pic then the send me a msg under your pick on the profile. Then i have to scroll up to see the message box. You may need to refresh your page to get the message. It should show up as a number in the top right corner of your forum page ( where your pic is & it says sign out. See if it works. Send me a message & I'll look for it.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

You got my message and I got yours. Did you send the messages the same way I did? If so, that is probably all I know to do. Maybe someone else knows?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 Twinklestars

Twinklestars

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

It could have been my computer playing up at the time too. I'll give it another go :) But what is the go with running out of letters in the comment box? It's annoying to have to retype your last sentence, lol!

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

It could have been my computer playing up at the time too. I'll give it another go :) But what is the go with running out of letters in the comment box? It's annoying to have to retype your last sentence, lol!

That's not messaging, nor is it very private. It's just supposed to be a brief " Hello"

santa-dance.gif

#6 Twinklestars

Twinklestars

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

Ah, I see :) That's no worries, I'll use the messenger thing in future. Thankyou.

#7 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

Messaging is restricted for new participants. Those in the "Members" group can only communicate with the moderators.

Those in the "Advanced Members" group can connect with any member except a new member.

Individual members can disable the function in the Privacy Section of Notification Options on the user's settings. Twinklestars, can you check that? I know Cougie's is enabled as I have exchanged messages with her.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

Ah, I see :) That's no worries, I'll use the messenger thing in future. Thankyou.

Oh there you are twinkle...I see you got my "comment" LOL! :D
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

#9 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

You got my message and I got yours. Did you send the messages the same way I did? If so, that is probably all I know to do. Maybe someone else knows?

The first 3 I sent via reply..but then I tried messaging you direct> Did that one go through? I think peter nailed it though...we wre both pretty new and still are...but
we weren't ADVANCED when we tried it maybe? but I don't know it was only a few days ago...it might of been twinkles computer! we'll try again! thanks guys!!! :D
Yes kareng...I did like you said.check and see if it worked!?
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#10 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

Cougie, I have gotten all 238 messages from you and the friending! :P

My notifications of messages finally disappeared, too. Life is good.

Maybe Twinks computers on the other side of the world don't work well upside down? Maybe she has to flip it? ;)

santa-dance.gif

#11 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

Now the messages I left in Twinkles "Comment box" (its been our only way of comunicating besides "THREADS")...are gone! everything else from the last conversations we've had are there...but what I typed 45 min. ago are gone! I know she got them...because she went to Tech when she found out I posted(the comment box was how she found out!)
And yes Peter...we know messaging is better than comments (that comments are suposed to be short)....but thats why where talking to YOU GUYS ! LOL :blink: :lol:
Please don't take this the wrong way...I'm NOT being disrespectful...We apreciate any help we can get!!! :D
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#12 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

Maybe Twinks computers on the other side of the world don't work well upside down? Maybe she has to flip it? ;)

Seriously...I'm still laughing...Just got your post!LOL WHAT 238 MESSAGES!!! LOL
I only sent...maybe 4..5 at the most..(not counting this post)LOL :P :P :P
So I have focus issues and tend to remember to write something else..after the fact!...and repost by accident when I try to edit...ect....ect...LOL!!! :rolleyes:
I especially like the upside down computer part!!!
Here that TWINK...LOL!!!
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11

Favorite quotes-

#13 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Seriously...I'm still laughing...Just got your post!LOL WHAT 238 MESSAGES!!! LOL
I only sent...maybe 4..5 at the most..(not counting this post)LOL :P :P :P
So I have focus issues and tend to remember to write something else..after the fact!...and repost by accident when I try to edit...ect....ect...LOL!!! :rolleyes:
I especially like the uoside down computer part!!!
Here that TWINK...LOL!!!

:D

Now we just need Twinks to wake up and flip her computer!

santa-dance.gif

#14 Twinklestars

Twinklestars

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Oh, ha ha ha! :lol: It's working now. And Cougie, I'm just clearing out the messages in my profile so there's not so many. They're not just disappearing!

#15 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

Thank you Peter! We Psilly people have figured it out!

santa-dance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: