#16 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Here's are favorites:

Oldest, J will only eat the pepper beef. He doesn't share well, either!

Hub & M like everything but prefer the Spicy Chicken and the Dali Chicken (very spicy). Or M likes to get the chicken fried rice. I love the egg drop soup & the snap peas & the lettuce wraps & the desserts. Really, we ave liked everything. I don't see the Dali chicken on the on line menu, so maybe they have changed it?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

for whoever asked about the PF Chang's gluten-free menu:

The Lemon Chicken was like the Spicy Chicken, only very intensely lemony. It is chicken chunks that are coated in a gluten-free flour and fried, then topped off with a sweet/tangy sauce. The Spicy Chicken is their gluten free version of General Tsao's, which is chicken chunks with the same treatment and topped off with a Gen. Tsao type intensely sweet/sour/red pepper spicy sauce.

#18 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE the spicy chicken and the beef with broccoli . . . and the chocolate dome :wub:

A word of caution though . . . first time we ate there, my daughter was feeling miserable and we were concerned it was a reaction but upon review and lack of developing symptoms, we decided that she TOTALLY over did it. We now get the chocolate dome to go so she can have it later.

Also, for those with kids . . . you can ask for those chicken dishes with the sauce "on the side" and the kids think they are just eating chicken nuggets and rice. We go ahead and get the sauce because my daughter is only eating about half the dish and then my husband and/or I have the remaining. We have not tried it, but you may be able to get gluten free chicken (no sauce) in a kid-sized serving and pay the kid's menu price. Something that I think I will look into.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#19 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

I have often thought that some gluten free clients indulge in the sauce mixture that they combine at the table. I have never, because I always assumed that it was gluten soy sauce they used.

I ask specifically for gluten-free Soy and they are always happy to bring it. Just love Changs :D It's a treat because we have to drive 1 1/2 hours to enjoy.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#20 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

They mix the gluten-free soy sauce and leave out one of the mix in things. We do the whole table gluten-free and share, so it makes that easier. I always ask because I never remember which one is wrong. I rarely use the soy sauce.

The first time I went, we had a coupon for free gluten-free lettuce wraps. 2 of us had the lettuce wraps, 2 main dishes ( I was sooo happy I ate my full share) then dessert, pluss 2 glasses of wine. I felt horrible after but it was too much food awful! And it's very salty so you wake up for a drink. Now I like to take my 15 year old because he eats a lot! I can have some of everything without over eating and few bites of dessert.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#21 glutengirl42

glutengirl42

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

I ate at the one in Miami and was sooo impressed with the staff and manager. I would recommend the lettuce chicken wraps, the fried rice with chicken and beef and also the mongolian beef. YUM! I actually wrote to the company to see if they would be coming out with a gluten free line for their frozen groceries meals and they said they've had a lot of requests and will consider it if they continue to get more so write to the company!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: