Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Is It Gluten Intolerance Or Cannot Digest Garbanzo Flour?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 force fed

force fed

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

Here is my issue. I have been diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis (January of this year.) Main symptom at onset was chronic diahrrea.Followed a candida diet of basically "protein and green" for over a month, stopped meds at same time...felt better. Started to eat "normally" again and seem to have developed sensitivity to gluten. Trying to be gluten free and much more organic in food purchases and prep. Had two small pieces of toast 6pm yesterday. Today baked some gluten free soda bread using a mix of gluten-free flours including garbanzo. Symptoms of low abdominal pain radiating to back were very mild last night, but gut pain and gaseousness is worse today, even late in day. Is it the gluten or the garbanzo flour. This is so difficult to figure out!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Here is my issue. I have been diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis (January of this year.) Main symptom at onset was chronic diahrrea.Followed a candida diet of basically "protein and green" for over a month, stopped meds at same time...felt better. Started to eat "normally" again and seem to have developed sensitivity to gluten. Trying to be gluten free and much more organic in food purchases and prep. Had two small pieces of toast 6pm yesterday. Today baked some gluten free soda bread using a mix of gluten-free flours including garbanzo. Symptoms of low abdominal pain radiating to back were very mild last night, but gut pain and gaseousness is worse today, even late in day. Is it the gluten or the garbanzo flour. This is so difficult to figure out!

Are you saying you had gluten toast and gluten-free bread in the same week and you want to know which one caused you symptoms? Symptoms of glutening for someone gltuen sensitive can appear up to three days later. So it's impossible to say. At the same time, going gluten free is not a switch you turn off and suddenly you are better. For most people it's a process of learning and recovery.

How were you diagnosed with colitis and did they test for celiac disease at the same time? Some people can have both. Some people say their colitis responds to a gluten-free diet. If you want to be tested for celiac you need to do that BEFORE going gluten-free. If you don't plan to be tested that's fine as well. Stick around here and learn about all the in's and outs of living gluten-free.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: