This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Still Fatigued

gigifree

gigifree Rookie

Okay, went on the Gluten-Free diet and all my stomach and other problems went away except three: brain fog, no period, and fatigue. For about 2 months, I've been taking Iron/B12 for this (Floravital if anyone is interested), it has improved somewhat, but I'm still dragging, have brain fog sometimes, and no period. How long will it take, until I get better? ANd is there something else I should take to help my energy and my menstrual cycle? I really wanted these two things symptoms to go away by now.

Thanks you your insight,

Gigi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gluten free overseas Apprentice

Do you have other intolerances? Maybe dairy or corn or soy?

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Well, your body may still be adjusting. My doctor has me on some supplements to help my body make hormones. I also use natural progesterone cream. Additionally, I take a lot of vitamins.

Gluten has really done a number on my adrenals and whole system. I am finally starting to feel normal, and my last period was a dream!

organicmama Contributor

Chronic fatigue was my primary symptom. It took 3.5 months and I woke up one day feeling normal again. That was about a month after I removed soy and egg, along with being Gluten-free Casein-free. Neuro symptoms often take longer to resolve than GI symptoms.

gigifree Rookie

Chronic fatigue was my primary symptom. It took 3.5 months and I woke up one day feeling normal again. That was about a month after I removed soy and egg, along with being Gluten-free Casein-free. Neuro symptoms often take longer to resolve than GI symptoms.

Wow, your fatigue resolved is a short-time. I been eating gluten-free diet for a year now. I just started taking iron/b12. I really need to get my hormones levels balanced too. Problem I have is, I am stuck with no nothing doctors, so finding this forum (just joined yesterday) is a dream come true. I think it's just gluten for me. I do not have the stomach-related/drugged out symtoms with anything else.

gigifree Rookie

Do you have other intolerances? Maybe dairy or corn or soy?

I don't think so. I think my fatigue is related to vitmins defficiency and hormones levels awack.

T.H. Community Regular

Did they test you for numerous vitamin deficiencies? Or did they suggest vitamins to take without testing you for as many as they could? I know low vitamin D levels are also common to celiacs and can have a huge affect on the body, so if you are low in this, that could be the issue. Are you taking any multi-vitamins?

If you want a natural vitamin D, codliver oil (I know, blech) is very high in vitamin D.

Thyroid issues are also common in celiacs; did they test your thyroid levels? Thyroid problems can cause all three issues you mentioned.

It's possible that you are getting low level gluten cc, but if you had gut issues with gluten, I would think you would still have gut issues if you were getting low level gluten cc, you know?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AVR1962 Collaborator

It would be my guess you are not getting enough nutrients. Typically celiacs are low in areas of B12, magnesium, iron and D. You really have to receive enough of all of these, spend plenty of time in the sun to help your body absorb those nutrients and eat lots of healthy foods loaded with the vitamins and minerals your body needs. It took me several months to get my energy back and I think the big key ingredient was sunshine.

Archived