No replies to this topic

#1 gigifree

gigifree

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

I contacted (email) Nature's way about whether their chastetree herbal product had gluten or not, and this was their response to me:

Thank you for contacting Natures Way a Schwabe North America company. It is good to know you are interested in living a healthy lifestyle. I see you would like some additional information about our Vitex Fruit and if it contains gluten.
This product does not contain any gluten. We list all of our ingredients on the label. We do not use gluten as a filler. Vitex or Chaste tree is a traditional woman's dietary supplement. Vitex is widely used to promote overall health and balance in a woman's cycle. This product works best when taken daily as directed on the label.
This statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
We have another great product that you might be interested in trying. EfaGoldŽ Coconut Oil is used as a dietary supplement, for cooking or for skin and hair care. This Essential Fatty Acid is a great addition to daily supplementation. I have included the link so you can be directed to the product.
Thank you for contacting Natures Way. Please contact us with any additional questions that you may have. You may also visit our website at www.naturesway.com.

Best wishes for good health,
Colleen McCulloch
Customer Service Rep
Schwabe North America, SNA Combining
Natures Way and Enzymatic Therapy
hone 800-283-3323 opt. 2 Ext 75366#
Fax 800-688-3303
Colleen.mcculloch@naturesway.com

This company labels some item as gluten free and others do not receive this guarentee, which I find questionable. On top of this, she tries to sell me another product, when I asking a serious question about product content due to celiac disease. I just wanted to warn other celiacs about this company and just vent.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: