2 replies to this topic

#1 Gr8soul

Gr8soul

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

Pre celiac diagnosis I always used Ortega or old el paso enchilada sauce. When I went to the store post diagnosis both contained gluten ingredients so I had to switch to La Victoria, which is ok, but not the same:-(. Well I was at my mothers yesterday and she had a can of old el paso mild enchilada sauce on her counter and I grabbed it and read the label only to read the ingredients and see now it looks safe. Does anyone know If they changed their formula? Is this sauce now gluten free? If anyone knows for certain I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Pre celiac diagnosis I always used Ortega or old el paso enchilada sauce. When I went to the store post diagnosis both contained gluten ingredients so I had to switch to La Victoria, which is ok, but not the same:-(. Well I was at my mothers yesterday and she had a can of old el paso mild enchilada sauce on her counter and I grabbed it and read the label only to read the ingredients and see now it looks safe. Does anyone know If they changed their formula? Is this sauce now gluten free? If anyone knows for certain I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

http://www.bgfoods.c..._glutenfree.asp

I assume that this listing is updated frequently. Just to verify, I would contact the company as well.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

I remember Old El Paso had wheat in it a few years ago. But the red enchilada sauce is Ok now. Not sure about the green. I looked for green ones a while back & any had wheat.

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: