5 replies to this topic

#1 AVR1962

AVR1962

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

It sure does feel great to be feeling near normal again. It was a short jog and I can tell I still have some ataxia going on still. Did an hour walk yesterday and hoping to continue to move forward from here!
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

Congratulations! Wow! That is just wonderful!
I remember after my 16 year old had been gluten free for 4 months and he told me he felt like jogging I almost fell over! It was the saddest and happiest feeling in the world to watch my son go for a jog when he had been sick most of his life with asthma and muscle weakness and had never been able to participate in sports. He is 17 now and gluten free one year. He is wrestling in school and jogging every day and feels just ecstatic that his body works again. He had ataxia too...but it is all gone now!

If I hadn't found this site we would both still be living in hell.

Seriously I am happy for you! It must have felt wonderful to be able to use your body again. Hang in there...it gets better and better! We are are so happy about being able to exercise! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and told it would not get any better. That was in 2007. Well, after one year I have no sign of muscle problems unless I get gluten. I haven't actually jogged yet, but it feels great to be able to go for a walk when I want to!
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#3 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

:)

I do eight mile walks now on the weekend. It's a wonderfully relaxing way to start the day. Time to myself to think, or just experience the day.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#4 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

Any other joggers/ former joggers here who want to get back into their running shoes??
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#5 granolagal

granolagal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

Any other joggers/ former joggers here who want to get back into their running shoes??

I would absolutely love to start running again. Nothing makes me feel the same way as my nice runner's high I used to get post-run. Unfortunately I developed PFS (runner's knee) so I had to stop running, and then my celiac syptoms (this is pre DX) started to flare up. I was so fatigued all of the time I couldn't even imagine putting on my shoes. I do yoga and I love it to death. But I need to supplement with cardio. Otherwise I feel sluggish. My physiotherapist said I'll never be able to run on a treadmill again which is devastating to me. He said I either have to run outside on a trail, or be indoors on an elliptical or stationary bike. But I want my treadmill!!! :(

I'm thinking about starting to get back into it. But I'm wondering if I should be worried about it being "too soon". I've only been gluten-free for 28 days and I feel like I have a bit of energy back, but I tried some circuit training and my heart palpitations are still pretty bad. But I don't want to get into a downward spiral - not workout due to heart palps, cardio endurance suffers which makes heart more prone to palps (?), then have palps when working out so stop...etc...etc...

#6 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

Yay! It's fantastic to hear that you've gone from having such problems with Ataxia, to actually running! I'm THRILLED for you. It's so wonderful to get your old self back again. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: