Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

gluten-free In Chile/ Sin Gluten En Chile?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Lovin' Life

Lovin' Life

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hey, I am planning on moving to Chile next year, but I need to be gluten and dairy free. Is this going to be possible? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hola, me voy a trasladar a Chile el proximo ano, pero no puedo comer gluten ni lacteos. Va a ser dificil hacer esto? Alguien tiene consejos?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gluten Free Traveller

Gluten Free Traveller

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hola! Que bueno! Chile is amazing!

I travelled there last year and stayed 100% gluten free. Where are you moving to? Awareness of celiac disease isn't too great but there are tonnes of naturally gluten-free things to be found there. If your Spanish is good then it will be much easier.

Grocery stores in larger cities like Santiago have gluten-free products but in smaller places like Valparaiso (which was my favourite place there) your best bet is shopping for naturally gluten-free things. Many of the products you do find labelled as gluten-free in Chile come from Argentina as gluten-free awareness/labelling is much better there.

Buen Viajo!
Helping celiacs to explore the world without gluten

Diagnosed as celiac in August 2009
Travelled gluten free to UK, USA, Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Iceland, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay

#3 BabsV

BabsV

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Reviving this older post...has anyone been to Chile recently? Looks like we are moving to Santiago in July.

I've found the website for Convivir which has a ton of information on it (including a list of gluten-free products and medicines!?!?!), and I'm resurrecting my espaƱol which I haven't spoken regularly in 10 years...learning all sorts of new vocab since I really didn't need to worry about the translation for flax seed when we were last in S. America! From what I know a lot of the food is naturally gluten-free and as a whole they aren't as wheat based as N. America. Fingers crossed this is really the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: