1 reply to this topic

#1 navigator

navigator

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan and go to see him every time he comes to Scotland. As always, I purchased tickets the day they went on sale. I'd purchased on-line within two minutes of them going on sale. For about the last ten years the Glasgow concerts have all been seated but this year they've moved to another venue and there is a standing area. I was feeling good the day they went on sale and optimistically purchased standing.
However, I had to go back on gluten four weeks ago as I'm getting endoscope and biopsy on 26th of this month. Feel dreadful and knew there was no way I could manage all of the concert but was hoping to go for some of it. past week as been really bad with fatigue and aches and I'd begun to doubt that I'd even manage that. My husband telephoned the ticket office and explained my situation. We'd heard that the concert was a sell-out but he asked if there had been any returned seated tickets. There weren't but she took his number and said she would see what she could do. She telephoned back shortly afterwards and advised that she has arranged for our tickets to be swopped for two in the easy access section! Not only will I have a seat but it will be one of the closest to the stage!! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:32 AM

I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan and go to see him every time he comes to Scotland. As always, I purchased tickets the day they went on sale. I'd purchased on-line within two minutes of them going on sale. For about the last ten years the Glasgow concerts have all been seated but this year they've moved to another venue and there is a standing area. I was feeling good the day they went on sale and optimistically purchased standing.
However, I had to go back on gluten four weeks ago as I'm getting endoscope and biopsy on 26th of this month. Feel dreadful and knew there was no way I could manage all of the concert but was hoping to go for some of it. past week as been really bad with fatigue and aches and I'd begun to doubt that I'd even manage that. My husband telephoned the ticket office and explained my situation. We'd heard that the concert was a sell-out but he asked if there had been any returned seated tickets. There weren't but she took his number and said she would see what she could do. She telephoned back shortly afterwards and advised that she has arranged for our tickets to be swopped for two in the easy access section! Not only will I have a seat but it will be one of the closest to the stage!! :)

WooHoo!!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009