Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Support Groups In Minnesota

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there was a support group for Gluten intolerant in Saint Paul Minnesota?

Ads by Google:

Ceara, I am in Minneapolis. I don't think there are a lot of Minnesotans on this board, although there are a couple.

Last year (in 2010) at the State Fair my husband and I stopped by a booth (in the building where they'll check blood pressure, check health issues etc...) and we found a booth that listed all the gluten free foods at the fair. It was run by a local group of people with Celiac Disease. I was pretty new to gluten free at the time, but they had a hand out. I think there was some sort of annual fee to join, which didn't appeal to me, and at the time I was sheepish because I hadn't been diagnosed. I still think i get more info and support here, but I wonder if you try google if you could find something. Or if you can somehow find who was running that booth at the Fair.

We are really big travelers and the more I travel the more I realize that Minneapolis/St. Paul is very good about gluten free awareness. I would imagine there would be support groups here. Good luck.

I was wondering if there was a support group for Gluten intolerant in Saint Paul Minnesota?

Hello Ceara, I'm recently diagnosed with celiac and have yet to go to a support group. I live in Saint Paul too. The northland celaics website lists out a few support groups in the cities. I'm sure these groups work with those intolerant to gluten as well as those with celiac. They list some contacts also. http://northlandceliacs.fastmail.fm/support.html There is not a meeting in Saint Paul, the closest will be Anoka, Woodbury or Minnetonka. I plan on eventually going to one in the near future. Good luck.

I am also from Minnesota but further up north. I wish there was more support groups in our area as living in a rural community is tough as it is lol!

I am also from Minnesota but further up north. I wish there was more support groups in our area as living in a rural community is tough as it is lol!

Hello upwitht21, I'm not sure where you live up north, but Crookston, Duluth and St Cloud appear to have meeting groups. I suppose the trade off for living up north is access to a larger selection of stores/doctors/support groups....etc.For those not in Minnesota a large portion of the northern part of state is beautiful...this is where people in the Twin Cities want to go to get away. I feel for you, as I know how hard it is in the TC's and can't imagine how it is out in the rural areas. However, I'd take up north if I had the option! Nice to know we have several Minnesotans here. Good luck!

Just an update to the meeting groups in Saint Paul. A group has started (about 3-4 months ago I think) that sometime meets in Saint Paul. It is the Gluten Intolerance Group of Minneapolis/Saint Paul. I can't find a contact number but I believe they may be listed on Meetup or GIG site. Cheers.

I live in Eagan MN, and I'm so glad to see there are other folks from MN here! I'm going to be checking out some of the info you all shared up above, I hope the groups are still active!